New 1999 S3 owner - OE replacement Gearknob?

Lewis.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently picked up my first Audi S3 and am very happy with it so far. I bought it as a cheapish but enjoyable/sophisticated daily whip as I already have a 106 Rallye track car (which is and has been a WIP for far too long now!)

Main target with the S3 is to get it looking immaculate and OE as possible really. It has a few light modifications (lowered slightly on Eibach springs and Koni dampers, Full Stainless Steel Miltek system and a remap) which I will leave, but any further parts I replace will remain standard. It's SO easy to start modding them and have already looked at the Samco Hose engine kits and getting the wheels refreshed in anthracite, BUT, I have to be strong and avoid it at all costs! :D I will get some photo's up at some point, but so far I have been detailing it, getting the paintwork mint and restoring the headlights, cleaning it inside etc. Overall it's pretty spanking it just needed a good clean. There is slight wear to a few areas but considering the age it's pretty damn mint.

Anyway, back to the question, one thing i'd like to replace is the gearknob as it's showing signs of wear which is messing with my OCD. However, when searching for replacements on Google it appears that all of them are different to mine. Mine has a textured blocked pattern around the edge which matches the steering wheel, but all the photo's of one's I can see online are smooth. I will get some photo's up but does anyone else have one like this, and where can I buy a newer (or even brand new) replacement part?

Thanks

Yours is different to mine dude. Does anyone have one that is the same as my current one or can anyone explain how come there are different designs thanks