First start and faults advise

New engine build tuffty new rings but same bearings and arp bolts.

would u say run in till the pal and yes n75 unplugged.

my mate said if I go up tomoz he will put few hundred mile on it for me on the dyno what u recon won't take it above 4000 rpm

to bed the rings in the engine will need to see a bit of boost.... read this and digest it...
Breaking in techniques - Please read the first 2 pages before making assumptions - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

...first 50-100 miles are the most important... load up but don't rev too high... being gentle is not the way to do it...

Use mineral or running in oil initially... DO NOT use synthetic oil... the point of running in is to promote wear on the rings/bores so you get a decent seal...

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty ill get that done on the dyno tomoz then covered 60 mile so for haha

That's a great ready up pal can well help. Ill do what I says again tomoz 3 time each at those rpm loads and them it should done so might even be worn in before 100 mile. Then shall I plug the n75 valve in and book in for mapping tuffty.

Don't plug the n75 in till its mapped! Your running a 15psi actuator now , on your original map it'll kill the turbo! Or at least run far to much boost...

Cool dan ill leave it then plane to get it run in and book in for mapping straight away ill sort u some print outs after if run engine in dan see what u think on the 15psi pressure

Car all run in now by following the link above with mineral oil done 120 mile now so ill change to fully synthetic oil Saturday and book in for mapping soon as I've got the money.

egt prob getting tac welded on friday so it don't come loose and had a power run done on 12 psi the car is running all I can say is its like climbing a mountain lol look great

Reactions: slowcoach3
Well after a long **** trip to essex today with s3dave i came back and Added a bit of pre load and got my EGT probe screwed in tight as with a washer now it's not coming loose. But the probe its self is a tad loose anyway to fix this anyone thanks.

also water meth kit to be added this weekend then book it in for mapping

.... the probe its self is a tad loose anyway to fix this anyone thanks....

The EGT boss on the turbo hotside needs to be machined down a bit to allow the probe to be screwed in properly

<tuffty/>

Are ****** hell never ending is it head back off again for god sake. Wonder if there is a aftermarket probe that's all in one I'm going to have a look saves taking head off again.

maybe ill do it all right and wait to put the new v4 xs mani on haha looks good it does

Are ****** hell never ending is it head back off again for god sake. Wonder if there is a aftermarket probe that's all in one I'm going to have a look saves taking head off again.

maybe ill do it all right and wait to put the new v4 xs mani on haha looks good it does

After market probe won't be calibrated to what the ECU is expecting...

Might be possible to make a small sleeve that extends the end of the nut to hold the probe in properly

<tuffty/>

Reactions: s3gazz
Or I've got u already pal that's what I'll do the standered probe nut as one but so small so weld I tiny bit onto that would work buy pushing down on the brass bit and hold probe in pal thanks a lot pal

I wouldn't use a welder near the probe, the heat generated by the weld might be more than the probe can handle.

Emm good point might have to head head off then after all after the new v4 relentless mani so could fit that at same time haha

I would get a tight fitting bolt in the origonal EGT probe hole, then weld a boss as close as you can on the Downpipe. then get the mapper to alter the Egt trigger... That way the head stops on...

Ye that sounds good Dave just worried about driving it around for now like that or as it is till its mapped