EM TuningVolks Autos
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Prawn

Thread: V-power nitrate 505 miles on full tank? ?

1st Gear

Status

V-power nitrate 505 miles on full tank? ?

Evening all,

In past when I've filled up my petrol tank using old V-power, I've not ever really seen past 440miles mark on full tank. When I filled tank up the other day.. using new v-power nitrate for my long journey head.. 40 or so miles in, I was very surprised to see it was reading 505 miles.

Any one else notice a difference in more miles reading or better performance? ?

uploadfromtaptalk1367787567840.jpg

2. # ADS
    ADS

moderately amusing

Status
    hmmm,
    lets see what you actually achieve after you have emptied it!
    driving style and other factors affects the range estimate,

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    as above, readings on the display mean nothing until you've covered that distance.

I once drove carefully to a fuel station, because I was almost out of fuel, so economy was good on the way there. I brimmed the tank, then left the station down about 6 miles of constant down hill, at the bottom my DIS was showing about 70mpg and almost 700 miles remaining.

It soon changed.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

2nd Gear

Status
    Nitro not nitrate. And the estimated milage is only based on your most recent driving style
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    What car you drivin mate...... That's 2 tanks for me....

Status
    I've seen less than 80 miles from a tank when trying :P
    Dani_B19 and Goubo1 like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Lmdao @ nick.

Also how the **** do you manage 440miles from atank? Im lucky to get 300.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Lmdao @ nick.

Also how the **** do you manage 440miles from atank? Im lucky to get 300.
    I can't imagine how I would have to drive mine to get 440 out of a tank... I don't think it would be a pleasurable experience..... I get about 225 miles per tank.....

6th Gear

Status
    I get 450-500 a tank no matter how I drive. Dis says 600-650 every time I fill up
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Status
    No sh@t Sherlock..... Probably have something to do with havin a Cat Weasel...We are on about petrol mate....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben S3 8P3 View Post
    Nitro not nitrate. And the estimated milage is only based on your most recent driving style
    Lol...Ben :thumbup:

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I've seen less than 80 miles from a tank when trying :P
    I take it that's around track then prawn

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    What car you drivin mate...... That's 2 tanks for me....
    Well... it's down to careful driving at times especially long distance journeys every so often i do.. which does kill me at times until I see a contender in rear view mirror.

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Prawn also once drove from Portsmouth to Basingstoke on 0 remaining.

I can get 500 miles out of a tank in my A3 quite easily, but there is no fun in it. I didn't buy an Audi to penny pinch although I am ALWAYS amazed at S3 owners on here constantly moaning about their poor MPG, even driven half sensibly it just seems like K04 cars murder fuel. Even LCR's which weigh a lot less.

That said Phil Millers K04 TQS averaged mid 40's on the way back from R Tech with 300BHP, launch control and flat shifting. So I guess anything is possible.

Do A3's and S3's have the same litre fuel tank? I'm sure they do.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Status
    Nope. Different tank jardo, between Quattro and fwd. Quattro has twin pickups on the fuel pump and a hump in the middle of the tank for the propshaft.

S3 tank is 60L instead of ours at 54L

5th Gear

Status
    Btw, as guzzy has forgot to say " it's an r tech stage 2 s3" ! :-D

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

5th Gear

Status
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    I got about 20 miles into france on a full tank once, on that occasion it was nice to get good mpg.
    Any other time i dont really pay attention

4th Gear

Status
    I just got an extra 40 miles out of a tank full using V Power Nitro, my DIS is also showing +3 more mpg than usual for my normal weekly drive. I will see if this holds up for another tank full.

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I've seen over 600 miles on the DIS in my S3 before....didn't manage that in the long run though.

Chances are you were driving slower than usual to the petrol station as you were low on fuel- therefore mpg tends to increase in the last 1/4 of the tank compared to the first 1/4.

I regularly roll into my local Shell...chuck £80 of Nitro+ in....see 500+miles on the dash as I start her back up- and then within the first mile of leaving the petrol station my DIS says I have 300 miles!
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    I can get 400 on a full tank with long distance driving. I usually squeeze 60L in too when the light comes on. I think it's 63 empty.
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

6th Gear

Status
    Personaly the display in the middle for me is a rough guide at best as to which petrol station i should aim for. nothing more,
    Yes when used as a daily it pains me the fuel used when stop start driving but... the MPG of two possible replacement for the S3 have been stopped dead in their tracks because they are worse on fuel as standard !
    All this jazz with the "nitro" is 99% marketing and nothing more...
    Best distance on a full tank? ADI and back in one go... 440 miles on... Tesco 99 ( with a 5p per ltr off voucher )
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

4th Gear

Status
    64 liters of fuel weighs in at around 48kg.
    I never brim my tank unless its 300 mile journey.
    Thats why the last half of your tank gives you better mpg.
    Why add 24kg to an already heavy rear end s3.
    I only put in 20 liters at a time for commuting.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzy View Post
    64 liters of fuel weighs in at around 48kg.
    I never brim my tank unless its 300 mile journey.
    Thats why the last half of your tank gives you better mpg.
    Why add 24kg to an already heavy rear end s3.
    I only put in 20 liters at a time for commuting.
    24kg difference would not equal the difference of MPG I am on about for the last half tank of fuel tbh.

I was on about the thought process of the driver...

e.g less fuel in the tank = drive more economically
    more fuel in the car = drive with a heavier right foot.

My 'local' Shell is about 7 miles away and it's often run out of Nitro+ so therefore I lap as much as I can up at a time

Ohhh- and plus all my Shell promotion bonus points only work when you put in 30+ liters of fuel!
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Neutral

Status
    using v power filled up full tank yesterday. done 105 mile trip just under full tank still. i drive usually normal limits but always drive like i stole it two or three times a journey (overtaking etc) my led dead at min so cant see mileage range.. car = s3 with filter basic mods

6th Gear

Status
    the highest range I've had is 515miles, my actual best is 440miles out of a tank of 95ron, usually the range remains high until you hit half a tank then it plummets
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Well I have just come to bottom of this tank of Shell and got 423 miles out of a tank, with a mixture of 80% moterway and 20% town is about what I would get out of normal V-power.
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

Reverse Gear

Status
    If i fully fill my tank including the 2nd part of the tank i usually get around 460 miles to that. My car seem to average 29ish mpg which i think is good even with a stage 1 map. My S3 is miles better on fuel than my old S2 if i filled that full of fuel (around £110) i would be lucky to get 300 miles and that had a 70 litre tank
    Make it mint the first time

Neutral

Status
    i managed 446 miles on full tank

3rd Gear

Status
    Can't remember the exact mileage, but the longest journey I have done is Canterbury to Dublin via Holyhead on a single tank. That was the day I bought the car and drove her home and I didn't hold back as I was running late to catch the ferry back to Dublin.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

thats me

Status
    Recently I have been getting 330-350 miles to a tank and before the nitro I was getting 290-310.
    red to red black to black blue to bits