Badger5Volks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

Headlight switch compatibility.

I have had a search buy cannot find this. Apologies if it has been covered and I have missed it.

I have managed to break my headlight switch today while sorting the boost gauge hosing.

Anyway it's part no is 8L2 941 531 F
    Please can anyone tell me id there are any other part numbers that are compatible

The surround and dimmer are all fine, it's just the switch I need.

Thanks.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks Tuffty but that doesn't cover my question. Although I note the one you linked has a different part number.

Does anybody happen to know which part numbers cover the switch that works S3 with front and rear fogs and xenon's?

Thanks

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

5th Gear

Status
    Just an update.
    I got a Mk4 golf headlight switch (with front & rear fogs) from some one local selling it cheap enough to try.

Had to strip off the surround it came with. They just clip off.

Fitted and works perfectly. Illumination is even the same 😃

Part no is 1C0 951 531 A
    If any use to anyone.

2001 S3 (AMK)

6th Gear

Status
    i recon the leon or toledo switch will work fine just not sure of illumination colours, but does it really matter ?
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

5th Gear

Status
    I am led to believe that the seat on illuminates green.

2001 S3 (AMK)

6th Gear

Status
    I have a Seat toledo headlight switch with rear fog operation if anyone is interested, it would suit an A3. Waiting on another with front & rear fog control to fit on the S3 so should have an answer on this soon.
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Milltek system

6th Gear

Status
    So as expected the Seat switch fitted exactly as a S3/A3 would do. The dimmer unit can be swaped over by uncliping it from the fascia. Only real is issue is unclippling the electrical port from the back of headlight switch itself, you need to remove the fuse panel which is held in by about 6 torx screws & even then access is tight.

Unfortunately i later discovered my fogs weren't working because the fuse was lose & the rear fog bulb was bouncing around in the light cluster, however the panel is unmarked & the backlighting is red....worth it for £20

wanted for 8L S3:
    Milltek system