What OE Audi wheels for winter wheels? Suggestions please.

Markb

Reaction score
As subject with winter getting ever closer and thoughts of them damn gritters filling my mind. I am just wondering what cheap OE wheels I could get to run over winter while the BBS's go into storage.

Here is a pic of the car as it was a few months back. (A lot has changed since then, but more of that on a latter date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

bbschfrontside.jpg

I've been thinking 17" TT Comps or 17" TT 6 spokes.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers Mark.

[ QUOTE ]
Or 17" Avus S3 alloys, usually around £250 off ebay with tyres Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was thinking of them as well.

Will have to do some Photoshops I think.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Outstanding!!!

...Of course they'd look that much smarter with a Cosworth tail...

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...Of course they'd look that much smarter with a Cosworth tail...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wish is my command.

markbmodded20zz.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one Kev I didn't realise that you were quite good in photoshop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Only thing is I haven't got any brake discs. So I won't be going very far.

Them flames look nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Maybe get them done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif (Yeah right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif )

As for them venoms I I wouldn't have them even if you paid me!

Finally the Whale Tail and neons. What can I say? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I've got a few ideas of what wheels to get, but I can't show the picture as it would give too much away about what's happening to my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

Swaying towards the Audi TT 17" 6 Spokes and S3 Avus wheels, but I am thinking about getting them powder coated black or Antra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif As I can get them done for about £30 as my mates work at a powder coating place.

[ QUOTE ]
Brilliant!, bet you guys have put a few ideas into Marks head now lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You should know better jojo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Sorry Mark, you know I'm only messing. I know your car is gonna look very nice after its bodywork has been sorted.

I was actually planning to do some proper photochops for you after the first one but the site went down last night for some reason.

I'll have a go in a min for ya.

[ QUOTE ]
I am actually thinking of getting a TT and doing this to it:

ttphotoshop.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Nice photoshops Mark, keep up the good work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

My mate ran over a turtle in his beetle. Thank he is calling it a teetle from now on.

Beetle.jpg

Okay, a couple of serious ones now :)

Black TT six spokes.
bbschfrontsideblack6spoke3ed.jpg

Anth S3 jobbies.
bbschfrontsideanths3wheels4be.jpg

Not perfect, but you get the idea. I tried to make the wheels a tad smaller than yours so you get an idea how 17" rims would look.

S3 wheels are certainly nicer looking than the TT 6 spokes. the TT wheels look TOO plain for my liking.

RIch

sorry dont like the blackwheel look but in silver id go for the std S3 wheels as a winter runner

Black wheels on yellow cars look good imo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif, I think a set of TT comp. 5 spokes in anthracite will look the dogs danglies actually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am actually thinking of getting a TT and doing this to it:

ttphotoshop.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anth S3 jobbies.
bbschfrontsideanths3wheels4be.jpg

Not perfect, but you get the idea. I tried to make the wheels a tad smaller than yours so you get an idea how 17" rims would look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look a lot like the 'Shops I have been doing. I am heading towards the S3 jobbies at the minute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I will get them Shock blasted primmed and powder coated, but will black look OK? Or can you get an Antra powder coat colour?

As I can get them done for £30 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just wondered how black CH's would look.

bbschfrontsideblackch0dv.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

No my poor BBS's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The black S3 ones look really nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad someone likes as I do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Black wheels on yellow cars look good imo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif, I think a set of TT comp. 5 spokes in anthracite will look the dogs danglies actually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the TT 5 spokes, but they are expensive and most of them are corroded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am glad you like the black rims though.

I suppose the big question is....

What is a standard set of 16" 5 Spoke T Sport rims in good condition with no curbing or scuffs, but flaking lacquer around the centre caps. With Goodyear Eagle Touring tyres with about 4-5mm on 2 tyres and about 2-2.5mm on the other 2 tyres worth?

I would have to shift these first as I am expecting a rather large bill this week LOL