difference between s3 and a3 front bumpers

mrfaststu

Reaction score
been repairing the front end of my s3 (pre face lift) as had a coming together with a wall and ive got hold of a A3 front bumper(face lift) and want to know what the diffrence is between the 2 other than the later hasnt got head light washers in, thanks

It is a lot bulkier, comes out more, and wider, for the flared arches... are you sure an A3 bumper will even go on? S3 bumpers are tight to get back on as it is..

not 100% sure yet was told its a A3 facelift ive only got it sitting on the car loose at mo as got to put a ns intercooler on so will know if it fits on at all on sunday thats why im asking now lol

Ive got an a3 tqs with an s3 engine slam panel radiators fans crash bar etc and the a3 bumper I put on only just fit was very very tight and took 4 of us pushing the bumper on and holding it in place while the screws etc were in place lol. Not sure if it would be the same for u or if it just wouldnt go.

I put a A3 turbo rad pack and slam panel on with no problems at all, put the facelift headlights in had to mod the wings a tad to get them in but they all work ok and looks a lot different, the front bumper has just been pushed into place for know as got to change the ns intercooler as its split but the bumper went on pretty easy as it was just me doing it couple of clips on th slam panel and a screw in each side shi7 guard and doesnt look to bad once intercooler is done at weekend will upload pics