Do any of the other Audi range have smaller mirrors?

Not as far as I know. I had a quick look through the parts catalogue and nothing jumped out at me. Some Jap golfs had smaller mirrors, but I don't think Audis did. Could be wrong of course.

Maybe a set of M5 style mirrors?

Clicky

So do you guys have same size mirrors in both sides?

In my car the left one is larger than right one. I´ve always thought that you guys in UK have small mirror in left and large in right because your steering wheel is on other side than mine.
So could you take the left side small mirror from UK/Japan car and right side small mirror from car that has steering on right side?

[ QUOTE ]
Not as far as I know. I had a quick look through the parts catalogue and nothing jumped out at me. Some Jap golfs had smaller mirrors, but I don't think Audis did. Could be wrong of course.

Maybe a set of M5 style mirrors?

Clicky

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a fan of none OEM kit.

Yeah I was hoping that they may be smaller in Japan as I had been reading on UKMKIV's about the Euro stubby mirrors for the Golf MK4.

Sounds like they mix and match Japan Golf and Lupo mirrors.

[ QUOTE ]
So do you guys have same size mirrors in both sides?

In my car the left one is larger than right one. I´ve always thought that you guys in UK have small mirror in left and large in right because your steering wheel is on other side than mine.
So could you take the left side small mirror from UK/Japan car and right side small mirror from car that has steering on right side?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a star, that's just what I wanted to hear.

Have you got any pictures? Or can you get hold of some?

Cheers Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Here´s one pic...
You could see that mine right side mirror is much smaller that left one. All our pre-facelift A3/S3 have different size mirrors each side and facelift models have same size mirrors on both sides.

http://teemu.fakt.zapto.org/s3_kuvat/peilit.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great.

I don't suppose you can get some more pictures from the side and looking at the mirror for me?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont have one at the moment but i could take some pics after i leave from work...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would appreciate it if you could.

That would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cool. But I've got to say that mirrors of different sizes looks a tad silly to me!

So does anyone know why there are different sizes?

I'd be interested in finding out the parts numbers too as they are not listed in the info I have.

[ QUOTE ]
Cool. But I've got to say that mirrors of different sizes looks a tad silly to me!

So does anyone know why there are different sizes?

I'd be interested in finding out the parts numbers too as they are not listed in the info I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they look silly one big and one small, but I am hoping to find the corresponding size mirror from another counrty and make a pair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As far as I am aware, they are like that to accomodate the blind spot part of the mirror glass on the drivers side, although I could be wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

Stupid in my opinion cos they look crap. Just looks really odd...

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I am aware, they are like that to accomodate the blind spot part of the mirror glass on the drivers side, although I could be wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They look stupid with a normal size mirror yes, but if you got a pair......

Yes... I meant that they should just put two same-size mirrors on there in the first place, what real point is there to having two different sizes? Just plain dumb if you ask me...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. UK cars have this feature, but its done using glass that has an angled section rather than a redesigned mirror body.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. UK cars have this feature, but its done using glass that has an angled section rather than a redesigned mirror body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting yes, but good from my point of view if I can get a pair of them.

[ QUOTE ]
they both look the same size to me :S

[/ QUOTE ]

Put your glasses on then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Interesting after spending about 5 hours trawling the net looking at all the different Audi sites I have come up with these pictures which clearly show the smaller mirrors:

euromirrors01.jpg

Drivers if it it was on a UK car

euromirrors02.jpg

Passengers if it it was on a UK car

euromirrors03.jpg

Drivers if it it was on a UK car

Only thing is I can't work out what country the passenger side one is from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, but by the looks of it I should be able to make a pair of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyone got any ideas where the passenger side one might be from?

Presumably a country where they drive on the left! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So: Australia, Japan, South Africa...

[ QUOTE ]
Presumably a country where they drive on the left! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So: Australia, Japan, South Africa...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking, but VAGparts are telling me that there are no smaller mirrors listed for the A3 for the passengers side. Only the drivers.

The ones on that orange car don't look like OEM ones to me... too rounded compared to the yellow German car. Maybe they never made small LHS mirrors?

Im pretty sure that the only cars were LHD and european that had the small mirror. As far as im aware, there was never any RHD with small mirrors. Australia and SA would be same as UK spec and Japan may be different but i wouldnt hold your breath. What about R32 mirrors, they are stubby i think.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
It's just the fitting then when it comes to the R32's as the baseplates are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you may be able to use the baseplates from your A3 and the casings from the R32. Remove it at the hinge and fit them on.... Its a pissibility. Are the R32 mirrors actually any different though? Was just lloking and cant really see a difference

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
Have a butchers at this thread on Uk-mkivs, you may need to join the site to see it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/199848/ShowPost.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for looking for me jojo, but if you scroll down the thread you will see a post by m33rkb which is me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and where I first got my inspiration from.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's just the fitting then when it comes to the R32's as the baseplates are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you may be able to use the baseplates from your A3 and the casings from the R32. Remove it at the hinge and fit them on.... Its a pissibility. Are the R32 mirrors actually any different though? Was just lloking and cant really see a difference

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't think they are any different as you say.

These are what gave me the inspiration:

eurostubbymirrors02.jpg

The Euro style ones on the Golf MK4

I wonder if I could get the mirrors to fit the A3 bases?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have a butchers at this thread on Uk-mkivs, you may need to join the site to see it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for looking for me jojo, but if you scroll down the thread you will see a post by m33rkb which is me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and where I first got my inspiration from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say didn't try LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say didn't try LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As I say I am glad you tried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif