Removing lower dash

metricspaces

Reaction score
My OBD port fell behind the dash when I attempted to connect it up - I must have pushed it too hard. Would anyone have instructions from something like Bentley manual on how to remove this lower dash so I can get access to to ODB port and put it back in place? Thanks.

Cheers for the replies guys.

@naillh what did you remove to get access to your OBD port when it fell behind?

Im presuming you have a facelift car as the OBD port moved. On my facelift I only had to remove the panel underneath the steering wheel. Held on with T25 torx screws, of which some are hidden behind the panel on the end of the dash. Once removed the OBD port just clips back in

take the fuse box cover off, there are torx screws in the side, remove these adjacent to the lower dash panel.

There is a screw in the top of the right hand cubby hole, then two bottom left.

pull your steering wheel out and down, and carefully prise off the cover that goes over the top of the column below the clocks. Then put your fingers over the top of the lower dash panel and pull backwards, if it's not been off before it'll be fairly tight, but there are just push fit clips at the top.

Mine's been off hundreds of times now, takes about 5 minutes to remove, and 5-10 minutes to refit as it's fiddly getting it into teh white plastic guides at the bottom

Thanks guys. Mine is the pre-facelift. So the port is in the centre console down the bottom - inline with the gear stick. Guessing both your instructions are for a facelift version by the side of them?

It's hard to tell which way on mine is easiest to get at the port.