Car dies whilst driving, accelerator does nothing !!

ruffrida

Reaction score
Beginning to hat my 8L!!

On the way work this morning crawling in traffic in 3rd, traffic started picking up so went to accelerate a bit more, NOTHING!
Revs had dropped to around 1000 and weren't moving, dipped the clutch and it died, this happened another 5 times on the way in.

It starts backup straight away but for a few miles it was really sluggish, kept feeling like it had a mind of its own, put ya foot on the accelerator it would go then go again like its surging, don't know if the 2 are related.

Any Ideas ??

Please help !!

People alway hate hearing this but it plugged into VCDS and check for fault codes. Does I it look normal under the bonnet? Nothing's popped off or out of place?

No everything is fine under the bonnet, it was the first thing i looked at !

Yeh i knew that would be the first response i would get, just a shame i have no one near with VCDS, well i do but he aint always around

Do you have any breakdown, as they will be able to scan it for you and get you a generic fault code at least.

No need to re new it, but last time i called the RAC they wouldn't even plug it in, even though i said this would give me a fault code, but he wasn't having any of it !!

Quick update!
Went out yesterday to see a customer, came back out to me car and it wouldn't start, would turn over but not start.
The only other time it had done this was when my plug & play chip box had not been connected properly, so i removed it completely and hey presto it started straight away and has not missed a beat since.
Even did a scan last night when i got home and it came back with 0 DTC's, bonus !!