Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

audi a3 quattro haldex service

hi all
    i bought a 2000 audi a3 18t quattro to use over the winter as the m3 goes nowhere in the snow,its actually in mint condition and i really like driving it,ive just give it a service and thought i might aswell do the gearbox oil,rear diff and the haldex service as i think il be keeping it.
    just have some questions as im new to the haldex system,when you drain the gearbox oil does it drain the transfer box or is it seperate?and what is the procedure for doing the service on the haldex system?last thing is the rear diff the same oil as gearbox?
    thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    You need the specific tool to undo the filter, and the haldex specific oil. Its a bit of a twat of a job, but once you've done it once its fairly easy.

HALDEX OIL FILTER TOOL T10066 VW R32 AUDI S3 AUDI TT | eBay

GENUINE SKODA SEAT AUDI VW HALDEX COUPLING OIL & FILTER 02D525558A G052175A1 | eBay

and the how to guide:
    Changing the Audi Quatro Haldex diff oil filter

Neutral

Status
    Cheers mate,does anyone no when you drain the gearbox oil and refill,does that fill the transfer box aswell and do you just fill till it comes out of the filler hole abit.

4th Gear

Status
    Gearbox oil?? is a current thread that answers a lot of your questions.

Basically though, drain the gearbox oil via the plug, and the transfer box from its plug. That should add up to about 2.5l, at least it did on my S3. I then replaced the drain plugs, and put back in 2.5l of new gearbox oil via the gearbox fill plug using some silicone tubing and a funnel. My car was on axle stands at the front, so all 2.5l went in without any running out. I replaced the fill plug, and then drove for a while so that the transfer box got the oil it needs too. That's it.

When I change my Haldex oil, I just reverse the car onto ramps, drain the old oil, and then refill using a caulking gun on the haldex oil tube. If you find you don't have enough clearance between the gun and the ground, just bend the oil fill nozzle through 90 degrees. It will have a kink in it, but the oil is thin and will still flow through no problem. Be quick to replace the drain plug to minimise oil loss!
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

Neutral

Status
    Cheers mate

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    What colour is it,my old one sold again recently,it was for sale on pistonheads from cheshire i think.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.