MIGGZ's A3 1.8t - The all rounder build thread

On wednesday night I flushed out my dot5.1 and replaced it with MOTUL 660.

My fluid in there did not look bad at all and did not think I was going to even notice a difference.

But I was wrong lol, instantly the 660 felt better on the clutch and brake peddle. That night I took it for a very spirited drive and pushed it to its pace and was impressed no brake fade or signs of wear or anything.

So as for my experience with motul 660.... I will not use any other fluid again!

Nice Miggz! Thanks for the review... I will look into doing that too...

Lol no sweat my bud the only thing you need to flush the fluid every year but its totally worth it hey

Reactions: PDBoosted
So on the 28th this month we have enduro karting and after that we having ghymkarting on the go-kart track.

Iv organized a set of 17's with semis from Ashley and I'm trying to decide what colour I want to make them.

Here are some pics!

6udymu6a.jpg

ja5avygy.jpg

y4egy4yp.jpg

qusadydy.jpg

My mate dwayne made his green and thinking of doing the same to mine.... Ideas????

epy9atag.jpg

What is it with people painting their wheels garish colors? I just don't see it. I'd go for anthracite or something. It looks great on white cars.

Are they RE-55s? You going to use them on the road? Loud I bet?

Reactions: Scullies
What is it with people painting their wheels garish colors? I just don't see it. I'd go for anthracite or something. It looks great on white cars.

Are they RE-55s? You going to use them on the road? Loud I bet?

Its only for track sam, won't use them on road that's why I have the 18s, but I'm sure they would be very loud driving.

Its just for the fun of it I love bright colours

Green wheels will not get you into the build thread club!
you need pink with a purple center and a yellow rim job!

Reactions: superkarl
MOD LIST UPDATE

Motor:

samco tip
s2000 filter
76mm maf housing
forge 008 dv
76mm dp
76mm catback with 1 resinator and 1 box
fmic
snow stage 2 water meth
UNITRONIC stage 2+
WOTbox
powerflex dog bone
IE RD rods
Caleco bearings
polished & balanced crank
flowed head
ie intake cam
380cc inj
IE style 2.0 16v cambelt
flowed intake maifold
poly engine mounts
VALEO smf clutch
n249 + SAI delete
FORGE carbon fibre engine cover

interior:

JVC double din dvd player
infinity 5 1/4 splits in front
infinity 6" co ax rear
pheonix gold 4ch 1200watt amp
memphiss monoblock
pheonix gold 12" sub in a ported box
TT pedals
glowshift gauges

Exterior:

cupra lip
colour coded bumpers
S3 boot spoiler
35% tinted windows
yellow fogs
slight tinted headlights with HID kit
plastidip grill
smoothed rear lid (no badges )

suspension + handling:

solid LCA bushes
JOM coilovers
JOM adjustable links
18" SSW 8j wheels
215/35/18 achillies tyres
MOTUL 660 brake fluid
VARI 6pot calipers front (16 6)
312mm heat treated grooved disks
braided lines
EBC BLUEstuff
256mm vented rear disk
S3 rear calipers
EBC yellow
90mm stud conversion with 48mm MONSTER blue open end lug nuts
10mm hub and rim centric spacers all round

so iv come to the conclusion that i might have a tyre and rim obsession..... maybe a little one

lol and now to the serious business

my VVT has been giving some poo for a while and was to lazy to change it, yesterday i decided that its now or never lol.
i removed it and refitted it, was very easy, never took pics as i was to dirty to hold the phone lol

i took my bumper off as i wanted to see the best route for the brake cooling and found some stuff ups!
Map sensor and WMI nozzle was leaking and found a crack on my TB pipe and fixed that to

the line for the cooling was a fail as i ran out of time after fixing everything else. im going to try look thru Prawns thread and see how he has done it

It looks like it but it could also be that I have not checked it since motor was done so don't know?

Will strip bumper off again next week and see again! Also I have a nice crack on downpipe so will have to strip that off and get it welded next week

for the wmi, just weld a alloy 1/8npt bung in there, then you can screw it in.

or do it budget like me and use epoxy chemical metal to seal it lol

for the wmi, just weld a alloy 1/8npt bung in there, then you can screw it in.

or do it budget like me and use epoxy chemical metal to seal it lol

Never thought of welding something there? But it was not leaking where the boost pipe meets the jet, it was leaking where the jet joins on the nozzle so re sealed it using that goop stuff that comes with the kit

I also welded a nut for the WMI nozzle, 10mmx1mm nut or something, works great

heres how my car sits now:

20130705_072438_zps4583ab39.jpg

lol

Reactions: MIGGZ and Gizmo20VT
For the bung, I welded a small piece of 4mm aluminium sheet to the IC pipe, drilled and tapped it with a 1/8 npt tap. Then used some thread sealant to make sure its boost and liquid leak free.
i think if you use a proper bung it might be too long and when you thread the nozzle into it, the nozzle won't poke out the end of the bung. This might destroy the spray pattern of the nozzle and lose the atomisation of the mixture.
i guess you would need a very low profile bung.

Reactions: MIGGZ
For the bung, I welded a small piece of 4mm aluminium sheet to the IC pipe, drilled and tapped it with a 1/8 npt tap. Then used some thread sealant to make sure its boost and liquid leak free.
i think if you use a proper bung it might be too long and when you thread the nozzle into it, the nozzle won't poke out the end of the bung. This might destroy the spray pattern of the nozzle and lose the atomisation of the mixture.
i guess you would need a very low profile bung.

ok thats awesome thanks d-man! will see next week if it leaks and if it does ill have to do that! btw did you see my bday msg on your thread?

a little present will be arriving for me next week........

K04-023......

Reactions: PDBoosted, PoLonY and superkarl
thank you very much Karl for hooking me up and going thru all the trouble to get me the best possible rate on shipping

thank you very much Karl for hooking me up and going thru all the trouble to get me the best possible rate on shipping
i was shocked at the prices for shipping. Like i said im happy if you're happy, its good to keep things within a forum and help people out :thumbsup: and make good contacts, so if i find myself in SA in the future we can go for a beer :beerchug:

i was shocked at the prices for shipping. Like i said im happy if you're happy, its good to keep things within a forum and help people out :thumbsup: and make good contacts, so if i find myself in SA in the future we can go for a beer :beerchug:

dude the amount of effort you went for me when you in SA ill give you a place to stay lmao

Reactions: superkarl
so been doing some homework on maybe considering Hybrid. As the turbo needs a refurb might as well consider it?

been reading Beachbuggy's thread

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/139858-hybrid-turbocharger-k04-build.html

So informant and made it very easy to see whats involved in the process. Iv msged Beachbuggy to find out the prices on the wheels and see where i can get them will just wait for his reply.

on another note...

Been thinking last week maybe i should consider doing half a cage at the rear, I KNOW IT GIVES NO SUPPORT TO THE CHASSIS, but thinking of more on the lines i roll the car (god forbid) that myself and passenger will be safer.

Dude I missed the update on the turbo! Awesome man... Glad your making progress on the turbo upgrade! I will be interested to see what you end up doing to it in term of hybrid stuff... Keep it up man!

Cage looks mean dude!! Go for it if you never have back seat passengers lol... Lets just hope you don't actually end up rolling it...

lol got some prices from dan already and it may be a little out of my price range to do hybrid, im not saying he is expensive, his work is well worth it and you get more then the price its just i cant afford it lol

Hahaha isnt that always the problem! So just to help my understanding... Are you getting a k04 sent over from the UK from Superkarl?

Awesome man! Getting a relentless v3 mani? I want those parts so bad dude... How long do you rate the shipping will take? I hate waiting for car parts...

i should have it this week hey.... na going to use the oem manifold its more reliable and i wont need to worry about it cracking

Yeah that's true... Don't want it cracking and ****... That's pretty fast dude! When you planning to fit everything?