Painting rear calipers yes or no??

S3 Paul

Reaction score
As ive fitted my bigger rear brake kit and im thinking of referbing my Brembo's ( keeping the red colour )
I was thinking of painting the rears too, I went as far as buying the paint then...
" its going to look a right boy racer car " was heard from the kitchen ,
What do people think? Im unsure now

i find it a right pain in the *** job, its obviously not hard but its getting the motivation to do it lol. it'l look better tho with them done as dirty back calipers will look wack

Go on Paul do it! I don't think mine look too boy racer

3A67F389-8B0D-40E2-AFE1-66DDF99C6D1B-7672-0000047CCBE68D82.jpg

Red calipers are not boy-racer at all. Alot of supercars/high performance cars with huge brakes have red calipers so I would do it.

Always best to have the rear calipers the same colour as the fronts otherwise it'll look odd in my opinion.

If i remember rightly when i refirbed the rear discs on mine the caliper is actually Aluminium alloy so i got one of those wire brush attachments you can but in an electric drill and gave them a good scrubbing so they came up nice a silver shiny... then i put a clear coat of laquer on them and i painted the cast iron carrier red to match the fronts.... or do i have an odd car with alloy rear calipers ??

These are mine, thought the yellow went well with the black

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352927442773.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352927442773.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 166
It think its good to having them matching around. At least we all have discs around, I hate big red drums on chav cars!

I sprayed mine red, as they were starting to get a whiteish surface in places. I'll probably spray them black instead, once its time to switch rims.