Oil pressure 3 beeps - STILL! But it's sweet as!?

Omniquito

Reaction score
Gents, many may have seen my oil pressure mercy posts a little while ago chasing these 3 beeps...

Anyway, long story short, replaced oil pump, pressure switch and non return valve, replaced pickup pipe and cleaned everything and have moved from a proper oil pressure (noisy top end) problem due to a clogged pickup pipe to a what seems random issue...

The car runs sweet at all rpm in all gears, no noise, no nothing... No tapping, no knocking... No power loss, Nothing!!

Just a random 3 beeps oil pressure warning when up to temp when driving really slowly and ALWAYS below 2k rpm... The car doesn't make any noise and ALWAYS clears the warning as soon as u increase the rpm above 2krpm.

I'm stumped!

Please help :) Neil

Sump level sensor?

That was my issue with your above mentioned symtoms.... Replaced this+ went away. However, In the colder months, it kept coming back.

God knows! Touch wood :racer:

Faulty dash assuming the pressure has been checked correctly via a gauge..The pressure light/Beeps is set to not register anything pre 1500 rpm IIRC.

I would ground the pin from the pressure switch and try that, if it still beeps it's not pressure related, it's more likely wiring or a dodgy plug in the back of the dash pod. I had similar on my A4, unplugged and replugged it back in and the problem was fixed.

Have you checked the oil pressure in those circumstances?

Just because you've had a guage on it and it seemed ok, doesnt mean it IS actaully ok once its fully warmed up.

Years ago I had a bora in with the same problem as yours, we tried a few things no change, we then took it to the dealer no change so I took the sump off and checked the big ends all good then I checked the mains, number 1 main had spun a shell and at a point would lose oil pressure for a split second and then be fine for a few days, the sump was clean as to was the pick up, could be worth checking even if just to confirm its not that mate

if you dont want to take the engine to bits, fit an in cabin oil pressure guage.

That way you can actually see what the pressure is doing when the light pops on.

If it IS low, then clearly theres a mechanical issue. If its normal, its something electrical.