S3 sidelights

S3 Rav

Reaction score
Right chaps,

have a sidelight not working on the s3 and have previously used the pia bulbs which have worked fine. Now I know a lot of people are using led sidelights which look great but I also know that a lot of people have said that they tend to blow fairly easily. So was wondering of people's experiences with led sidelights along with brands and places to buy with the "good experienced" ones.

Many thanks.

Rav.

Hey Rav, I fitted some cheapo led sidelights that i bought from ebay and they have been fine, so good in fact I also ordered the 6k D2S bulbs to replace the oem bulbs and it's improved the overall look without costing and arm a leg!

Would have attach the thread with all the details but I'm using my phone which complicates things...

Funnily enough maz I was just reading your thread and wanted you to reply to see how you were getting along with them! They not blown or anything then? Still working? Do you know what fitment they are? You did your fog lights too didn't you. Mine failed its mot today so just trying to get bits done ASAP.

Cool, they've been fine since day one. The hardest bit was removing the old ones but they twist out eventually... Fog lights are still working as well so not bad at all for a cheap upgrade. Side lights are 501 and the fogs are H7.

Bummer about the Mot fail, nothing major or was it a dodgy side light lol

To be honest was expecting a lot worse. Got a tyre below the limit so will get a pair for the rears and driver side gaitor so not too bad. Cars getting old now though suppose thers going to be more wear and tear to come.

Hows yours running?

You got off lightly then, nothing to worry about there!

Yeah, they're getting old and this month is gonna be expensive for me. Carrying out some preventative maintenance which includes new oil pump,pick up, sump and VVT unit. I've got the dreaded rattle so not taking any chances regardless of how well the car drives at the moment! I did want to get the relentless manifold and downpipe as well but that will have to wait.

You coming to the dyno day at Bills next month?

How much mileage your car done? Think ill have to be doing some of these things too soon. Got a set of b8's at home that I haven't managed to put on yet. Not sure about bills. Got a busy couple months ahead as moving back down to London and starting new job so not sure ill have time.

Mileage has reached 106k so i thought it needed a bit of tlc as she's been good to me over the years!

Good news about the job and what are you waiting for the B8's should be on the car not in the shed!!!!