very confused !

BeeKay

Reaction score
Tipton, Dudley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
okay so i was caught doing 57 in a 40 zone ( didn't even realise as i was in a rush ) and was given a fixed penalty and when i went to the police station to provide documentation i was asked to surrender my license and was given a temp one was told by the officer that i will get a letter in the post from the DVLA letting me know whats going to happen next , so its been a while and i haven't heard anything at all

i went to get insurance quotes as I'm looking to sell my car and get an a3 8l 1.9 tdi ( 130 ) and i had a few errors on some sites one of the sites said that i either haven't held a license long enough ( had it over 1 year ) to retrieve the quote or only have a provisional license .. I'm stressed out right now as i have no idea whats going on , anyone been through this that can let me know what the process is ,

sorry if this is in the wrong section just really stressed after reading that

Not really sure what the crack is there like mate....
But I wouldn't have given the police my license....
I could be wrong but as far as I know the only people who can take your license is the courts....
I could be wrong but I would get straight on to the DVLA to ask them what is going on...

You haven't got 6 or more points within the first 2 years of driving have you? If so I'm afraid you will have likely lost your licence :(

That's a relief then. I would call the DVLA tomorrow and ask them for advice.

yea man will deffo get onto this as soon as it his 9 ,

I've also managed to get an insurance quote so I'm not as worried now but was abit shocked when i orig saw that , actually i managed to even slash my quote on half on the car was originally getting quoted 3500 now its coming back with 1800 ( I'm so effin relieved that i got a quote )