Boost leak ,Maybe ?

s3bow

Reaction score
Hi all, got a problem. Sounds like a definite air leak when hard on boost. I've put the Mikalor clamps on the pipe out of the turbo and off the engine pipe to the first intercooler pipe. Went round every hose and tightened them, except for the entry into the first intercooler.
After doing this, I went out for a drive and on the first burst of acceleration, coming on to boost , there was a pop and the sound of escaping air.
Has anyone had particular areas they know to be prone to leaks ?

Chris.

The obvious first hose to the first intercooler is prone but immediately obvious. The bottom hose from the first intercooler is also prone, but thats a bumper off job.

Got to that one from underneath. Seemed to be ok. As I said , the only one I can't get at is the top of the first intercooler.

Chris.

Take the headlight out and it's easy to got to the top of the intercooler.

Thought you had to take the bumper off to get the drivers headlamp out ?

Chris.

I can remove my headlights without removing the bumper, it's a bit tight but they can be manouvered out. Mine's a pre facelift though so I'm not sure if it can be done with the one piece headlights!

Facelift needs the bumper off to remove the headlight. It only takes 15 mins though.

Hi all, had the pipe off that comes out of the top of the turbo. Looking at the inside of it, if you squeeze it , there are splits in the inner silicone rubber, but they don't go through the outside wrap. Can the air escape through the outer wrap or is this, too, airtight ?

Chris.