1k after hybrid fitting(pre-mapping)

sandwich1987

Reaction score
As some of you may know ive fitted a hybrid turbo xspower mani and downpipe, wellycooler forged Rods and a few other standard mods, few things the most annoying of which is the support coming off the downpipe onto the subframe actually sits on the subframe support bracket creating the most annoying vibration/rattle can I remove the support altogether or does this put the exaust under undue stress? Secondly I'm getting the fault code 16804 which is to do with rear O2 readings I believe my cause of this is that the sleeve that joins the sports cat to the standard system is not air tight an sucking in air??? And finally my fuel consumption seems quite dodgy I'm getting 0.6% additive and -2.3 multi on block 32 don't know if this helps much its just seems as if I'm dropping 5miles on the dis when I've only went a few hundred metres just wen cruising.

All in all a lot less issues that I thought I would have. Awaiting 550 injectors and hopefully getting down to r-tech this month/aug all the way from Glasgow.

pretty sure the rear O2 issue is because of the rear O2 sensor being in the decat, Either it needs an adapter to space it out so its not in direct exhaust flow or better still get it coded out with the remap, easy job and easier if you leave the sensor in place and plugged in,

I don't have a decay fitted, gt the xspower sport cat.
Any ideas on wether I can remove the support bracket on the subframe for the downpipe without any adverse effects?

I suspect that the Cat effciency isn't good enough... You might find that being a sports cat it will get you through the MOT but the warm up and the effciency arn't as good as the standard one. Nick will be able to sort it out when you get the remap.

As for the bracket yes you need it or all the weight is on the turbo.

A

The jury is still out on using a support bracket with the XS Power/Relentless manifold due to the way it will move above when it heat cycles... the thin stainless tubing used will move all over the place (as does all tubular manis) and the fusion welded joints are going to be more prone to cracking..

Fixing the turbo in place with the support bracket may not be helping the XS Power/Relentless manifolds longevity...

<tuffty/>

I try to get under the car and bend the rod coming off the downpipe then, there's not a lot of leverage tho so some heat might be required. Hopefully that solves my vibration issue.