Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: out of the box and finally onto my car 3sdm 00.1 !!

1st Gear

Status

out of the box and finally onto my car 3sdm 00.1 !!

from the box........

into the tyres.........

onto my car!!!!

will definitely get some proper pictures for you guys but at the mo these are here for a temporary viewing............good or bad choice?

18x8.5 on front 18x9.5 on rear same tyres all round £900 all in balanced fitted locking nuts etc.......

yes or no people............im happy so im not bothered but opinions welcomed!!!
    Last edited by voorhees; 30th July 2012 at 09:22.
    The preacher is pious oh lord for he is scared of hell, where as me I sinned freely trusting in your mercy.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Wheels look nice mate!

4th Gear

Status
    Wheels look sweet!
    Are you lowering it?

Pat

Neutral

Status
    I've wanted those wheels on my car for soooooo long, but had to spend the cash on other things first, they look every bit as good as i imagined, and not a bad price either.

1st Gear

Status
    i can forward anyone the details of the company who supplied and fitted them for me if they interested, yes i will lower it but by the bare minimum, 30mm max i heard about recoiling springs so maybe jus 20mm i really enjoy the ride of bog standard s3 suspension very comfortable, got afew more plans in the hat and slowly but surely i will update this page ! thanks for the comments guys!
    The preacher is pious oh lord for he is scared of hell, where as me I sinned freely trusting in your mercy.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Love these wheels, seem to suit all things vag nicely, try somehow look lkke an aggressive OEM look to me. Love it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

4th Gear

Status
    Love the wheels. I'm thinking of getting these wheels for my BM.

Small question though, is your car a Quattro? Will it not mess things up running a staggered set-up on a quattro?
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

4th Gear

Status
    They look fantastic mate what wheels are they just slam the car !!
    p

THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!

1st Gear

Status
    yes my car is a s3 quattro, i have kept the rolling radius the same and tyres aswell so no issues i believe the haldex systems compensates upto 5% so no real issues there had it all double checked before applying this setup.... the wheels are called 3sdm 00.1 .....i was gonna go dark or black but i thought no need to be different so im glad i chose these rims suit the car was unsure right up until fitment!!! once its lowered ever so slightly it will look good!

1st Gear

Status
    Ali I saw that pic of your car with the new wheels on your mates phone yesterday at Stockwood!!! LOL. Showed your mate that his black R32 has been repaired a bit on the headlights etc. I take it they are both your mates or only the one with the purple S3?
    N88 GGY
    2002 Noggy Blue S3
    With Beige Alcantara and Black Leather
    18 x 8.5 Mercedes Eltanin Alloys, 225/40 18 Tyres, 20 front and 25mm rear PCD Adapters,AP Coilovers,
    Revo Stage 2 Map, Relentless V3 Manifold, 3" Downpipe, Custom Decat, QST Milltek Catback Exhaust, 80mm R-Tech/SFS TIP,
    S2000 Air Filter, Forge FMIC, Forge 008p DV, N249 Delete, Competition Clutches 6 Paddle Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel,

Gti International 2013:- 1/4 mile - 13.52s

Alex

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ali50ferrari View Post
    yes my car is a s3 quattro, i have kept the rolling radius the same and tyres aswell so no issues i believe the haldex systems compensates upto 5% so no real issues there had it all double checked before applying this setup.... the wheels are called 3sdm 00.1 .....i was gonna go dark or black but i thought no need to be different so im glad i chose these rims suit the car was unsure right up until fitment!!! once its lowered ever so slightly it will look better!
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog18 View Post
    Ali I saw that pic of your car with the new wheels on your mates phone yesterday at Stockwood!!! LOL. Showed your mate that his black R32 has been repaired a bit on the headlights etc. I take it they are both your mates or only the one with the purple S3?
    yh mate they both my friends ! i had a thread on here with his and mine at stockwood park afew weeks back at the festival of speed....yeh its a small world man, i will be detailing that purple s3 soon its a really nice colour! thanks for the positive comments! cheers lemons3

Another S3 owner....

Status
    looking good. Be very wary of parking near kerbs - looks like you need to get as close as possible looking at the width of your road.
    Those chrome mirrors look and match well with the overall package.
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

1st Gear

Status
    cheers man.....its normally on the drive or in the garage so its lucky in that sense....yh it all kinda matched up mirrors exhaust and front grill didnt do too bad!!

Another S3 owner....

Status
    well, I for one I'm glad you haven't got dark (stealth) and make one less visible S3 on the road !
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

Reverse Gear

Status
    looks very nice

Neutral

Status
    Looks awesome :D

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the positive comments people i just literally went out with a cloth n wiped off all the brake dust n road dirt aftrr the small spirt of rain yesterday looking at the s3 now kinda making me forget about my e30!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    nice looking wheels mate, who did you get them through?

just needs lowering

1st Gear

Status
    i got them through a company in luton bedfordshire called 612 (01582) 592207 hes quite good n very professional service...definitely going to lower it,is it possible i can get 20mm springs from anywhere or do i need to jus have my originals recoiled? dont want coilies becaiuse of the overall stiff ride

1st Gear

Status
    payday is coming need some advice shall i buy a badger 5 t.i.p, diverter valve or lowering springs, got a budget of £150 ideally could stretch it by afew quid, so put me outmy misery ;-)

5th Gear

Status
    Badger tip! Do it !

1st Gear

Status
    will it make a real difference?

1st Gear

Status
    Lovely wheels mate, I keep eyeing up the 0.05's! Shame a about the Nankangs though, im not a fan of those. And she definately could use a slight drop now. Sweet ride

1st Gear

Status
    900 quid thats wat u gt man, cant really complain they do the job, gotta decide what to do in a few days

5th Gear

Status
    I didn't see the nangkangs mate I'd save for goodyears or zeros or at least falken fk452..... Then b5 tip!:-)

1st Gear

Status
    3sdm 0.05's wrapped in Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta for me mmmmmm

The Tangerine Machine

Status
    They look nice wouldn't mind a set
    Sold 03 S3 Audi Exclusive Papaya Orange,
    New Car 05 Evo VIII FQ 340 MR 415bhp 400ftlbs

1st Gear

Status
    They are nice rims glad i chose the silver ones, 00.5 is a awesome rim man like a bigger version of the borbet a rim, im tryna persuade my mate to buy them for his purple s3, i think im gonna go for a d/v any recommendations out there?

Events Moderator

Status
    wheels look good mate would look even nicer if you lowered it! as already been said. as for the dv a 007p seems to be the best choice or now they do the 008 for like a tenner more
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

1st Gear

Status
    nicest wheels

1st Gear

Status
    anyone got some 25mm springs for me?

1st Gear

Status
    so its been about 2 months+ since iv have had the s3, shes had afew coats of meguairs wax and poorboy's black hole show glaze and on lazy days just demon-shine but .....been planning to clay-bar it for awhile so i did, gave it a good wash, used meguairs clay-bar with autoglym super resin polish and finally sealed it with autoglym sealant i left that on the body for about 40 mins while i cleaned up the wheels and small interior bits happy with the final results so i got afew snaps for you guys what you think??

Last edited by voorhees; 30th July 2012 at 09:28.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    in desperate need of lowering!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

1st Gear

Status
    tell me about it!! definitely the next step! question is eibach or h and r, eibach offer 25mm on front 20 mm on rear and h and r do 25mm all over price is a 10quid difference between them so not too bothered about that but which 1??

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    i must be the only 1 who doesnt like these wheels :/
    nice car by the looks of things, but i think the wheels would look better in a dark colour..

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

1st Gear

Status
    beautiful

1st Gear

Status
    Im with s3clarke, they are indeed lovely wheels, but they look a little bit BMW for me, not suited to the 8L IMHO

1st Gear

Status
    thats the thing i was gonna go for a dark colour but i thought no every one has dark wheels now so i stuck with silver, once it is lowered i know it will look better!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Those wheels look amazing pal I was literally looking into ordering them myself for mine lol you have a beautiful example of an s3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast