Subaru wrx Sri 360bhp or s3 amk 320bhp who will win?

Leeivo

Reaction score
My mate has a Subaru wrx sti running 360bhp and I have a s3 what is coming out of the garage after having the stage 4 turbo dynamics hybrid turbo fitted along with everything else to make it up to stage 3. I'm getting it mapped by Revo to a safe 310-32.... Who would your money be on?

Whoever has the bottle to brake the latest going into roundabouts..........:yes:

Reactions: Goubo1
In my opinion your better off anyway, I had an 06 wrx sti hawk eye and yeah they fly, but there not an everyday car . I think they are overrated !

Plus it's who's got the biggest testicles too. One thing to note if it is 06 onwards the race diff is awesome and you won't touch him in corners if he's go it in race mode.

Where are you racing the scooby ?

Your mate has another 40bhp, similar weight, and a chassis that doesn't share it's handling traits with the QE2.

I wouldn't bet on yourself pal.....

any idea on the scoobys power to weight? are they a heavy car?

Ah...
Somebody local to me has a Prodrive STI which has made 320 bhp on about every ****** dyno its been on.
Ive tried my luck a couple of times... mines rated about 305 to 310 so...
up hill rolling start... same
Straigth to roundabout to straight... same
in short... who ever started in front, stayed infront. no gap or anything.
He can drive and ive had my car long enough to know how to make it work... if he has another40 bhp... forget it pal.

as much as i want to say the s3 i'm pretty sure its going to be the Subaru.

but that's on paper its a better over all car

your mate could be one of the worlds worst drivers and there's still hope for you too win!

My money wouldn't be on your S3. In fact, it would never even have been considered an option. Unless YOU have 60 BHP more, and bigger nuts to boot, then I would maybe give it consideration.

Scoobies are thoroughbred racing machines. A3's are everyday hatchbacks. No amount of tinkering is going to get even equal power machines to act the "same" in a race.

If you want to beat your mate, get a faster scooby or evo. Little else for similar coin will even come close. You just need to watch top gear where Clarkson follows the lambo round the track in the evo to realise these rally based machines are seriously quick. Your A3 aint keeping up for love nor money. Well, unless your rocking 450 BHP and there aint corners.

My mate has a Subaru wrx sti running 360bhp and I have a s3 what is coming out of the garage after having the stage 4 turbo dynamics hybrid turbo fitted along with everything else to make it up to stage 3. I'm getting it mapped by Revo to a safe 310-32.... Who would your money be on?

Scooby wins

Scooby for me too, thought they would be a lot lighter. Plus it bhp your talking, it's the torque figure
that might give us a better idea.

hi all ive had a 360bhp-380pft (proven on the rollers) 2005 sti type uk and you will need much more power than that to even get close as the subaru is light and yours is far from it. And the the impreza had a 0-60 time of 4.8 sec as standerd and the s3 is 6.7 so even standerd it was a lot faster and if he has 360-380 bhp as long as its not pub talk he's looking at around 4-4.2 to 60 ! the only way your get near him is if he's a crap driver :( sorry