SAI pump

HOTTIGGER

Reaction score
hi all, i think my sai pump has gone bad, what will happen if i just unplug the wires ? will the engine mangment light come on ? if so will it go back off if i plug it back in ? will it effect the car in any other way ? thanks in advance.

Just unplug it. The EML will probably come on but its nothing to worry about. You can have the SAI coded out of the ECU by a good mapper. The SAI helps with emissions on start up but has nothing to do with the overall running of the car. Drop Rick at Unicorn motor developments for some more information.

I have completely removed my SAI and had it coded out.

Reactions: HOTTIGGER
thanks m8 nice 1, glad i can just unplup it, the noise was proper anoying, thanks again.
Just unplug it. The EML will probably come on but its nothing to worry about. You can have the SAI coded out of the ECU by a good mapper. The SAI helps with emissions on start up but has nothing to do with the overall running of the car. Drop Rick at Unicorn motor developments for some more information.

I have completely removed my SAI and had it coded out.

No worries.

I remember the first time mine went funny, i thought i had wrecked my engine lol