Ko4 Question ;-/ Model number

ChaddyA3

Reaction score
Hey guysAs you all know im am a question junkie.......I can get a Ko4 Turbo from a local dealer here in SA brand new for a affordable amount of cash.They state the Ko4 will bolt directly onto my original Ko3s manifold.Is this true? what model Ko4 are they talking about? Is it any better than the Ko3s? would it be a noticeable difference from the Ko3s on stage 2 to the Ko4-00..... on stage 2?What all would i need for this to work?Thanks guys, Help is much appreciatedCheers

A K04 for a transverse engine will not fit directly to a K03 manifold unless its some sort of hybrid... hybrid K03's have K04 internals essentially and will bolt up to the std K03 manifold and DP

You will also need an S3 or VR6 MAF tube, S3 injectors (or injectors of a suitable size) and a map thats tuned for those components... its NOT a bolt on upgrade...

You would also be wise to do rods on a hybrid like that as they are very spikey

<tuffty/>

hey guys thanks alot :)really appreciated, so in other words they are talking S....T to sell the product....... shame, had my hopes up there ;-) maybe should just stick to a Ko3s for now on Stage 2......... Ko4 can be when i move onto an upgraded car in time to come. Thanks again Cheers fellers