S3 at play....

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pics of my new toy having a good spanking on the bank holiday w/end for the general delectation of all.

Bedford4.jpg

Bedford1.jpg

Bedford2.jpg

Bedford3.jpg

Can you hear the tyres squeal?!

Cool pics! Where were you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Looks like you were giving it some beans! Who is the dude in the passenger seat? Did you scare him/her? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cheers! Last one's a bit big - the resizing didn't seem to work!

Bedford Autodrome tagging along on Lotus owner's trackday for a friend's birthday. He has an Elise and invited 8 mates to bring their cars along to play to celebrate him turning 30.

The passengers's a rozza! (also a mate though who'd brought his Cooper S Works along...)

Yes those are 25% of the originals I have on CD which are much too big for the hosting.

Excellent shots, make a change from the norm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

I must say I was surprised at the amount of roll in the photos. Now I can see why suspention upgrades are so popular.

How did the brakes hold out? Is your car remapped?

No the car is completely standard - I'd only had it for two weeks before the trackday. The tyres (Bridgestones) were brand new and are now nicely worn in. The brakes are not what they once were but are still acceptable. I'd say they got the most serious work-out of any of the components but I was very careful to do cool-down laps and to leave the handbrake off between excursions. Absolute speed and acceleration were not at issue at all - plenty quick enough - I'd say suspension and brakes were more important upgrades for track work. It didn't feel like it rolled much (least not compared to my old A3) but then I got taken around in a mate's Elise and realised that in fact it rolled heaps!

Great pics matey, does your S3 have stability control with the esp on?

Slug, he's already talked about the ESP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
now thats more like it, got to go now and drive like a loon!!! looks like you had fun