Xenon help

rob irl tdi

Reaction score
I have a pre facelift s3 that gave off just a normal yellow light. So I replaced the bulbs with new xenon ones and the same is happening.
They are white when you turn them on then when they warm up they are like a standard dip yellow.

Has anybody had this problem before ? Possible ballast issues??

Hi ya fella, mine do this and ive just ordered new bulb's but there 6000k rather than a lower frequeny, hope ive not got the same issue when i change then you can get the ballast's oem and other on ebay from £30+.

I ordered 4300 originals. Turn on in perfect white but disappoint when warm.

Are ballasts that cheap? Maybe if I bought 1 to try it 1st it might improve

I ordered 4300 originals. Turn on in perfect white but disappoint when warm.

Are ballasts that cheap? Maybe if I bought 1 to try it 1st it might improve

4300k are not as white as higher k's that are on as standard now days, it may seem yellow compared to other road user's xenon's. i should have my bulbs soon so i will let you know before you go spending any more cash on bit's.

Hi ya i put in my 6k's today and there less yellow than my standard ones were with a real slight hint of blue. there fine and get brighter when they warm up as there ment to. i dont think it would be the ballast as it would proberly just not work. also like i said before alot of road user seem to the higher kelvin's now days and that might make them seem more yellow to you.