Need help asap guys.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Just pulled up and parked the car up.

Left it 2 mins, got back in to fire it and its running like ****.

Car stinks of fuel and shaking its nuts off, plugged it into vag com and no errors.

Unsure if a coils gone or what but ive only just fitted tfsi coils the other day and done about 50 miles.

Any help? Is their a way to log to see if the coils have gone?

Have your coils gone before? Does the car sound like a Subaru? If so probs coils bud.

No the old 1.8t coils never went before.

Sounds shocking, ill be proper p*ssed if it is the coils and awesome will be getting a lot of abuse.

I think it may be cylinder one thats gone.

Blocks 015 - 016 for missfire count Dan.

You could pull each plug on the coilpack one by one to find out which cylinder is down

If i pull a coil and its faulty will the car run normal?

Well if you pull out the faulty coil the car won't run any different. If you pull out a good running coil then the car will run even worse.

No, if thats the coil what has gone then you'll get no change. If it's ok then it'll sound worse because it's another one that has failed

That's strange, unless APY's don't let you see missfires?

should look like this
danmissfire.jpg

Try pulling the plugs Dan

Yeah your probly right mate i dont think they can as it doesnt bring that up.

Going to now, ad call green flag to see if they have a spare coil as i need the car and dont have any spare coils on me.

Yeah your probly right mate i dont think they can as it doesnt bring that up.

Going to now, ad call green flag to see if they have a spare coil as i need the car and dont have any spare coils on me.

Fingers crossed it's just a coilpack!

Well i feel a right t**t.

Before the guy came out i played with the wires going onto the coils and just left it, guys came out and strated car 3 4 times and fired perfect, looks like the tfsi coils arnt holding the connectors on, doesnt help thatthe connectors are shot.

So where can i get a replacement coil loom?

You got me worried about the coils then! Is it just the connectors that are shot?

Haha mate i was too.

Luks like it, ones split in 2 :(. Looks like previous owners and spanner monkeys have abused them.