Xs power (turbo elbo) heat sheild

liquids3

Reaction score
imagejpeg
imagejpeg
imagejpeg

Thought i would post some pic's up of a heat sheild that my freind is fabricating at the moment,alot of people have had problems with turbo elbo pipes cracking or melting with the increased heat tempertures,so thought we would design and produce this sheild,i mainly want one to keep turbo elbo charge pipe temps down,performance ect,but also stops turbo elbo failing as said.

Interesting stuff. I'm still running with my modified standard ones which seem adequate.

However, there is no doubt that the mani gets super hot and im tinkering with my map to tackle it. When I had it on the rolling road yesterday, the mani was as red as the kryptonian sun...it was like a ****** red traffic light at full tilt and running too lean at 4500rpm.

I'm currently having the map customised a little to make the fuel less lean and reduce the mani temperatures as a result.

Essentially, the mani will be hotter and worked harder with aggressive maps and those with that mapping should be looking at this element as I still question it's long term integrity at these temperatures.

Reactions: liquids3
Thats the thing it does get supper hot,which is why im thinking this must affect other aspects of working parts performance ect,don't get me wrong,with the mani getting supper hot,you want the heat to escape,and for the reason of cracks failer.but not wraping the mani it can still escape heat,and hopefully push the heat down,rather than boil your charge pipe temps ect,this sheild is something in process and will need minor tweeks,but hopefully will keep temps down and turbo elbo in one peice,preporation is key.