New Forge 007p fitted but found these hoses split - Help with part numbers? (pics)

s3mad_dude

Noggies ruuuule!
Reaction score
Hi All,

I fitted my shiny new Forge 007P DV today - I took my time installing it and as usual I proceeded in standard fashion to bash and graze my knuckles, nail and fingers whilst trying to remove the standard one-time use Audi hose clips - argh! Anyway all is installed and I'm very happy with it :)

One thing I noticed was two hoses which are split around the hose clips. I have managed to push the hose connections on more securely and the clamp now covers the split in the blue picture. This weird three pronged hose - can somebody tell me what the part number is and also what is the purpose of it?

The second hose that is split is more serious, the hose connects to the bottom of the wired three pronged hose mentioned above. I managed to re-fit the hose and I put some duck tape over the split as a temporary fix which you can see in the green part of the picture. The reason my attention was brought to it is because of the amount of the black greasy oily grit that seems to have sprayed out of the split and covered the lower half of the top of the rocker cover. Anyway, can somebody tell me the part number of this hose also? It connects to the base of the weird three pronged hose mentioned above and disappears into the depths of the engine - I'm not sure what it connects to.

Also, on a side note, what is the flat, circular object that is partly in the top right corner of my blue square?

Many thanks!

img0685hi.jpg

Forge do a replacement hose for the one in blue square. I recently had to replace mine. The object in question in the hockey puck. A one way valve for vacuum I think.

Part numbers are on the side of the parts themselves...

As mentioned Forge do a replacement for top PCV pipe... the plastic pipe is around 30/35 quid IIRC

<tuffty/>

Yup the 3 prong pipe is about £35 from the stealers as i had to replace mine when i bought the car last year. I also found a few other hoses were very soft and old so have replaced them too to help the system work effeciently.

I replaced my TIP with a cheap ebay jobby as it was really soft too so found a few other bits to replace then too.

As your not a million miles away (i`m in Southampton) can always show you on my car if your around one evening

As your not a million miles away (i`m in Southampton) can always show you on my car if your around one evening

I work near to Fareham so I cruise up and down the M3 and M27 most days so it's easy for me to pop in - thanks very much for the offer. As soon as Badger gets his famous TIPs back in stock I'm looking to replace mine so if I need some pre-installation advice I'll be sure to send you a PM!

I work near to Fareham so I cruise up and down the M3 and M27 most days so it's easy for me to pop in - thanks very much for the offer. As soon as Badger gets his famous TIPs back in stock I'm looking to replace mine so if I need some pre-installation advice I'll be sure to send you a PM!

No probs mate sounds good, I work in Sarisbury Green so Fareham way so could defo meet up after work one day for a chat.

I am thinking of upgrading to the B5 V2 TIP as and when funds allow it so would defo be interested in you getting one. I have seen one fitted to another BAM S3 as we did start a local meet for people in the area but only 2 of us showed up the times we tried to arrange it at Beaulieu Motor Museum car park.

Perhaps when the wether is better and its nice with daylight in the evenings we can try again to make a local meet.

Sounds great! I love Beaulieu (took my Dad last year around Father's day time). I just bought a Badger V2 TIP so when it arrives I can show it to you before I fit it if you like, but they're out of stock for the next two-three weeks :-(

Cool well will see if we can sort out a meet then. Will start a new thread in the local events section at some point and will see if we get any interest. Plus can always meet after work one day anyway as would like to see the TIP when you get it.