xs power 100 cell sportscat

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
i saw the question was raised a while back, would the sports cat keep the ecu happy in relation to pre and post cat lambda reading and where it would pass an MOT. Has anybody had the sports cat through a the CEL, as mine came on this morning. And its the first time since have the car iv seen this fault code

16804/P0420/001056 - Ross-Tech Wiki

The exhaust doesnt seem to have any leaks. Would a fix for this to have the post cat lambda mapped out when i go in for mapping?

I have also been getting this code since the sports cat was installed, but i do have a leak between cat and cat-back. I thought it was just this but maybe the sports cat is to blame?

Looks like the sportscats supplied are **** after all!

No trouble with the light Jimbo, Niki will map it out.

whether it'd pass an MOT or not I don't think we can answer yet. It's not working well enough for audi's factory mapping to think it's OK, but you don't know how this level of emissions compares to MOT standards.

I dont think I would ever go sports cat again tbh. i had one and it didnt work. had to go get my old downpipe back on for the MOT

I bought a sports cat and hated it and decided to decat instead and was much better and kept cat for mots!

I had milltek twin sports cats on mine and mine didn't pass mot so hence why I'm now decat'd as didn't see much difference ;)

Ahhh whaaat, to be honest I only got the fault code when I stopped mashing the throttle down, aka driving sensibly. Anyone think there's just as much performance to be had out of a 200 cell sports cat over a decat? Logic suggests not as it's still a restriction. Really not worried about MOT as they usually don't stick the probe in my cars if they know it's gona fail :p

Wishing I'd saved myself £30 and gone for the decat now!!

I've heard lots of bad things about cheap sorts cats. I've also been warned by my mot man that If I consider getting one (currently de-cat) I should be looking at a good one as the cheap ones tend to burn out in a year!

Mine failed on millteks costing near £700 :faint:
Wish I had found this forum at that point as would have seen the many other options there is ;)

Sportstractor what did you do about this in the end? Mine didn't come up for ages but has started to do it again, swear my exhaust is starting to leak a bit again aswel so gonna just get it welded and see if that stops it permanently.

Everybody should have a friendly MOT Man...
To get round these little problems....