Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    48

    Coil Pack recall

    Hi ASN members, Im a newbie to this forum, first impressions are great!! Far better than other forums, alot of knowledgeable people on here. Ive been catching up on previous posts and some people have had this done. I had my A3 1.8T, 2001 facelift for just over a year now, is the coil pack recall still on offer does anyone know? Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3featesV9's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,030
    its not an offer as such. its a recall. so if ur car is one on the list to be done, they will do it.

    ring them tomorrow and explain the recall, give them your chassis number. itll either be yes it needs doing, or no.
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

    TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap


  4. #3
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsportaudia3 View Post
    Hi ASN members, Im a newbie to this forum, first impressions are great!! Far better than other forums, alot of knowledgeable people on here. Ive been catching up on previous posts and some people have had this done. I had my A3 1.8T, 2001 facelift for just over a year now, is the coil pack recall still on offer does anyone know? Thanks
    Hi, welcome to ASN. Give Audi a ring and they will tell you if they have to be replaced. Let us know how you get on with that. Post pics of your car up for us to see. I hope you enjoy the forum.

  5. #4
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,640
    As above really, just call up Audi and they will advise if the car is on the recall list.

    Just be aware though, dont expect them to change all the coils, there are only certain ones that are in the recall, as so many people have already replaced them themselves, there may be a strong likelyhood that you may have one or two that are already the new part.

    Myself, I had replaced all of mine recently, so only had one that was replaced due to it being an older one.

  6. #5
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,354

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Oh, welcome to the forum, and please feel free to use the search, as this is covered on an almost daily basis.

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13
    I have an A3 1.8T 2001 from new and serviced by them.
    Last week one of the coils stopped working I gave audi dealer a call, they said come over to have them changed.
    All 4 changed at no charge.
    My question to them was why wasn't that done before if it was a call back. Well the person there couldn't give me a straight answer.

  8. #7
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,640
    That would be pro activeness at no cost, now if its being pro active and there was a cost involved, they would probably have been done and you would have been whacked with a bill of probably about £200!!!

  9. #8
    Az
    Az's Avatar
    Hard slammed!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,023
    What if my coil packs have been replaced with aftermarket coil packs? (i.e from euro parts) if I was to ring audi and they said my car was on the 'list', but what would happen when they discover they have been changed at some stage for aftermarket non OE coil packs? Would they then charge me for OE coils or just change them because the car is on their list regardless of what coil packs are currently in the car?
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

    Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ilkeston derbyshire
    Posts
    43

    Cool

    i changed one of mine early this year went into audi to check mine told them id changed one not long ago they asked me for the old one to check. and two days ago they changed all four coilpacks inc the cheap aftermarket one and didnt even check the coilpack i left on passenger seat... i even ended up with the faulty coilpack left on seat and audi kept the new aftermarket one lol ( gone in bin )
    so hats off to Audio. my a3 is running like new no splutter now well happy

    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    What if my coil packs have been replaced with aftermarket coil packs? (i.e from euro parts) if I was to ring audi and they said my car was on the 'list', but what would happen when they discover they have been changed at some stage for aftermarket non OE coil packs? Would they then charge me for OE coils or just change them because the car is on their list regardless of what coil packs are currently in the car?

  11. #10
    Az
    Az's Avatar
    Hard slammed!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1232 View Post
    i changed one of mine early this year went into audi to check mine told them id changed one not long ago they asked me for the old one to check. and two days ago they changed all four coilpacks inc the cheap aftermarket one and didnt even check the coilpack i left on passenger seat... i even ended up with the faulty coilpack left on seat and audi kept the new aftermarket one lol ( gone in bin )
    so hats off to Audio. my a3 is running like new no splutter now well happy
    That sounds promising for me then mate! Think I'll pop into my local audi next week, there is a particular guy in there who is well sound and helpful who has sorted me out a couple of times, think I'll speak to him! Cheers for the info!
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

    Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Coil pack recall 28E9 - Anyone know anything?
    By Minstadave in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 13th November 2013, 16:38
  2. coil pack recall
    By shamrock in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2nd November 2012, 18:51
  3. Coil Pack recall
    By A4 190 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th March 2012, 18:49
  4. Coil pack recall???
    By Abb in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd July 2011, 20:48
  5. Coil pack recall still running!
    By sminkie in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3rd May 2011, 18:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO