AMD One Click

S3DBW

Reaction score
Been considering this for my S3 for some time, however interested to know about other peoples experience with this product particularly with respect to reliability, ease of changing back and forth between original and modified settings etc

why would you need to change back and forth so regularly???

i spoke to ed at amd and they sell lots of these devices with good feedback... unfortunately its the one or two that go wrong that make it onto the forum....

also..amd are not the only supplier of the unit (although they are obviously the only people to put the amd map onto it) so it is a widely used bit of hardware.

any precautions or warning of turning heaters and aircon off, turning radio off, etc etc are just precautions and are not necessary for the use of the item.

any other questions phone amd who will be happy to answer all questions

After hearing some of the OneClick horror stories, do AMD offer any kind of assurance that they will fix it if things do go pear shaped?

If you get a remap done without the OneClick, is it possible for AMD to return the car back to standard at a later date (if the car was to be sold for example)? How much would they charge for this?

Can someone point me in the right direction of the "horror stories" posts. I'd really like to read them.

I was/am tempted by the group buy. But its my understanding that other companies use this same dongle-switching-hardware. So maybe the problem is with the hardware and not AmD. I assume its another company that produces the hardware.

Cheers

Alan

Does the AMD one click in effect re flash the ECU each time you swap? Kind of like having a full Revo flash each time you swap?

..or does it just alter pre-flashed code to make it perform like standard - i.e. Revo SPS1 box?

Adam

Yeah, the horror stories seem to be more about the hardware not the programmes they carry.

Most were on the TT forum and were focused on the device loading up on the odd device

i think horror stories were one or two people getting stuck where the device fail during the upload / download and it locked the ecu up rendering the car useless.

Ed at amd said the main culprit of this could be a bent or damaged pin or simply a faulty one click device...but as they have never had a 'horror story' one click device back to test that cannot confirm anything so its all just speculation.

Adam... i think that it completely flashes the ecu and stores the standard map on the oneclick till such a time that you swap them back.... i think!

in my eyes... the oneclick is used for the odd occasion when you may need to hide the remap (going to a dealers for a car under warrenty) and thats it.... so the times you actually need to swap the code will be minimal...and therefore the risk of something going wrong is just as minimal

Quote: "why would you need to change back and forth so regularly???"

As you stated in your last post, I was thinking primarily of any dealer work, however I accept that this should mean that you have to flash the thing twice a year, ie from the modded prog to standard and then back again

The amount of times I go back to the dealer with my car, it will be being re-flashed every month!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm going to have to miss out on this group-buy actually, I want this performance problem sorted in standard form before throwing money at a chip.

Well arranged though Nathan. Shame I cant purchase. :-(

AL