Fault code issue

MattW86

Reaction score
Hi guys, i hav just replaced my post cat lambda sensor as vagcom had brought up fault codes on it. After clearing the codes went to petrol station, after filling up turned ignition boom EML light straight on. Got home cleared it again went for a drive 2hours later no light, i thought sweet sorted.

Got in car this mornin and low and behold EML... Arrrgghh

(i only have vcds lite so used a obd2 code clearer off amazon)

Help!, cheers

Matt

Will check wiring again but everything seemed spot on. Would it be difficult to exchange wiring from ecu to post cat area.

Have MOT soon and this could fail me b4 i begin... Got to love cars lol

Cheers for all the info

Matt

No not a bosch unit. Bought a sensor of gsf which was a match for the part no. ETKA supplied me with.

I reset the code before leaving the car in the carpark this morning and when i came back 9 hrs later no eml light car running perfect. I am a bit confused, does the ecu need time to adapt to a new sensor? Its not like the post cat does much bar emissions.

Matt

Sadly pattern sensors tend to be hit and miss as to if they will work... GSF do sell Bosch sensors... I have bought a wideband one from them before... I would suggest taking it back tbh... (if you can of course...)

<tuffty/>

Its my second sensor from them due to the 1st being really short cable wise.

Found a company online called lambdapower who seem to have access to right bosch ones, gsf only had 2 on their system for the S3.

I'll see if the eml comes back tomorrow then make a move.

Cheers for all the help guys.:D

Matt

ALWAYS use genuine lambdas.... The rear 02 does actually have some say over the fuel control. The ECU changes its strategy depending if it is configured/coded for the extra sensor.

Rick

Quick update..

Went for a drive earlier and the EML light stayed on after ignition. :wtf:

have emailed the Lambda-power guys to try get a genuine Bosch unit sorted. For future reference the Bosch part number is 0258 006 335.

Cheers guys,

Matt