Check this out :) lol I've finally killed it

It's the air filter. Sucked in too much air and it built up in the engine and made your oil ***** out all over the place. Get a new air filter and it'll be fine :)

It looks like the giggle pin on the laughing shaft,on the spare wheel drive!

Didn't you post a thread the other day about tidying up your bay Aaron?.....

If it still runs and doesnt misfire my bets are on the rings or the actual ring lands being cracked. Possibly even a cracked/melted piston.

That guess is based on personal experience, I dont it on one of my Drift Cars (200sx S13) When I stripped it down and came to remove the pistons two of them fell apart in my hand and were only being held together due to being in the bore ! Luckily the actual bores, rods, bearings, valves and head were all completely fine so I rebuilt it changing only the pistons for a spare set I had lying about and the car went on to make 300 bhp 2 days later and is still going strong today (4 years on)

If it still runs and doesnt misfire my bets are on the rings or the actual ring lands being cracked. Possibly even a cracked/melted piston.

That guess is based on personal experience, I dont it on one of my Drift Cars (200sx S13) When I stripped it down and came to remove the pistons two of them fell apart in my hand and were only being held together due to being in the bore ! Luckily the actual bores, rods, bearings, valves and head were all completely fine so I rebuilt it changing only the pistons for a spare set I had lying about and the car went on to make 300 bhp 2 days later and is still going strong today (4 years on)

Mine ran with a proper spasticated rod. Got me home.

There is obviously pressure in the sump as when we started it afterwoods the dipstick shot out and there was smoke from the oil filler cap. It was misfiring though so i think its rings or valves, could be rods but i dont think thats the case as it was only slightly misfiring, surely if a rod had bent enough to allow pressure into the sump it would of come out the side of the block or something .

There is obviously pressure in the sump as when we started it afterwoods the dipstick shot out and there was smoke from the oil filler cap. It was misfiring though so i think its rings or valves, could be rods but i dont think thats the case as it was only slightly misfiring, surely if a rod had bent enough to allow pressure into the sump it would of come out the side of the block or something .
Blew a hole in the top of the piston????

The pistons I use in the 2.0 tfsi lump will have a different crown designed for NOS

surely if a rod had bent enough to allow pressure into the sump it would of come out the side of the block or something .

Nope, if bent enough it could snap a chuck off the bore and allow pressure through. That's what mine did exactly - but it didn't snap.

10.jpg

That photo is amazing Welly !

Its quite impressive that engines can still run with such major damage.

I drove an FTO I had from Glasgow to Fife (about 50-60 miles) running on 5 cylinders as I was heading to my parents to pull it apart to determine why it was only running on 5.

On stripping the engine I found one rod had snapped completely and the piston, valves and bore were completely mashed yet it still started, idled, ran and drove reasonably well with no noticeable nasty noises other than a very light tapping that actually sounded like a sticky tappet !

Spoke to a few nos goons and they said, when I used the larger nos and petrol jet I should have used an inline or better fuel pump!
So the mixture was wrong almost definitely causing the fail

To much nos and not enough fuel

The way I used to have it set up was ace tho! when I had no nos I would still run the system and it was almost like having a 5th injector
Then when I changed both jets and done this the fuel pump was sounding craaaaaazzzzy
But I ignored the signs and it took me all of two months to kill it with a hundred jet ! To be fair I didn't think it would take that long
Testament to Audi it took me 5 years to kill that car
Good work guys :)

Will be interesting to see how and where it failed

Vince is allready tlking about trying to rebuild it and put it in peugeot 205 gti (crazy lil fu*ker)

Last edited:
OMG what a mess.good luck sorting that out.

great picture welly,i hear the rods are weak but seeing your pic really shows how bad they are.

I'm guessing you won't he at Ace Cafe for a few months now then Aaron ;)

When you going to take the head off and have a little peak at the damage?
I will be at ace just be going with Lee and don probably
On the hunt for a another car right now (daily driver )

Didn't use a funnel when filling up with oil.....:p

As suggested previously, piston meltage/ cracked .... :scared2: sorry dude, but it's an excuse to go bigger and better.

Wow!

That's a brave mod man, rear mounted lump, you'll really lighten up the steering :weight_lift2::hubbahubba::respekt: