Got a K03(S) installed and want more bhp?

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
Introducing K03 Hybrid plus, aka K03/2283 as I call it.. (made up name btw)

Its a 2283 compressor, on RS6 turbine, mounted into a K03 fitment type turbo.

anyhows....... latest dyno after setting up an eboost controller onto our 1.8t lupo (aum engine, with Rods ;) )

Switchable for mrsB now (its her daily, well was suppoed to be)... 280bhp or 325bhp :think:

DynoIT%20-%20J50ANB-eboost.jpg

lupo-eboost.jpg

3 settings of boost control now
lupo-2283-low-med-high.jpg

Last edited:
wow. what on earth does your other half think of it?!? in a car that size it must be savage!

so whats the supporting mods for this?
its a ko4 compressor housing right?

(gets confusing all the wheel names/specs/sizes and what they'l fit into)

I am looking at what is next for my tqs.

I think I no longer need to look.:yahoo:

that's too sick!

bill can i have it?
is 325bhp the most it will make? if so that is very impressive but think ill turn it down a bit.more info please!

wow. what on earth does your other half think of it?!? in a car that size it must be savage!

so whats the supporting mods for this?
its a ko4 compressor housing right?

(gets confusing all the wheel names/specs/sizes and what they'l fit into)

yea its a k04 comp cover mated to a k03 one (for its outlet), and k03 hotside with RS6 turbine
essentially a k04 hybrid squeazed into a k03 fitment..

that's too sick!

bill can i have it?
is 325bhp the most it will make? if so that is very impressive but think ill turn it down a bit.more info please!

I think 325bhp is its realistic max... EGTs sustained at this level or more will be too high
egt's i will relog, but at this level they're at remapped staged 2 K04 levels of 920-940'c - hot... Same hot as a lot of S3/LCR run, unknown to their owners!

I see. I have a ko3 spare turbo.isit a case of sending it to you for you to organize the hybrid work and at what cost? what other mods are needed to safely get the best from this setup

rods.
fuel pump
injectors to name a few

i will add a thread in my section on info relating to this....

Are you planning on building these up yourself or buying them in?

Bill, could you please PM me the costings and what you would advise on further supporting mods from what I already have to give me 260 bhp (rod friendly).

REALLY interested in this, if the costings are cheaper than a second hand K04 setup + mapping.

What manifold was used for the 325bhp? Please say one of your ported AGU manifolds.

Been following this on SCN, and as you know already Bill, I think it's awesome!

That middle line, 280bhp at 16psi, that's exactly what I want from mine! Low linear torque, amazing power at really low boost. Must be incredible to drive in the little lupo.

is this with any WMI? or just the new FMIC you fitted? Still smallport isn't it?

i am not building them myself no... i leave that for turbo manufacturer. i am busy enough.

manifold on the lupo is one of frankenturbos. ii do plan dropping on a ported stock manifold when i get a few minutes to compare.

on the road tonight, damp, it was spinning up a lot... and when i did get a brief bit of open road, it span up in 3rd, snaked in 4th as i overtook a car... i was backing off the throttle to calm it down.. not the conditions to explore. (this was on high boost)

wmi is on and running. not tuned for it tho (yet) zero timing pull until last of the high boost runs where it did pull a little. it was ****** hot poor thing

wmi is advised on this hybrid as are rods if exploring the boost

Last edited:
Which electronic boost controller are you using for this Bill? I assume it's a static controller only, and not linked to RPM or gear?
I'm looking at the gizzmo MS-IBC, but I've not bought anything yet.

is this setup using EBC only? or the EBC in parallel with the N75?

Sorry to ask more questions Bill

Are you using the stock actuator on this? I only ask as I read that nick at r-tech had problems with the stock actuator holding the waste gate closed on his k03s-023 hybrid and he fitted a forged actuator with yellow( what ever rating that was) I assume he did this though as he was running 23+ psi and it struggled against your 16 odd psi. Would that be the case? Also with regards measuring the EGT's did you have to put a port in the housing for this?

Great piece of kit though, very impressive.

its not a stock actuator no (not 5psi) this one runs 10psi actuator pressure.
egt's are measured in the collector of the manifold on this one. logged on the dyno.

where do we sign to get one

bill can you pm me a price for the turbo,fitting and mapping? als what warranty does the turbo come with?

That 280 curve is very nice and smooth, nice work Bill. Is the full thread on SCN?

Introducing K03 Hybrid plus, aka K03/2283 as I call it.. (made up name btw)

Its a 2283 compressor, on RS6 turbine, mounted into a K03 fitment type turbo.

anyhows....... latest dyno after setting up an eboost controller onto our 1.8t lupo (aum engine, with Rods ;) )

Switchable for mrsB now (its her daily, well was suppoed to be)... 280bhp or 325bhp :think:

DynoIT%20-%20J50ANB-eboost.jpg

lupo-eboost.jpg

3 settings of boost control now
lupo-2283-low-med-high.jpg

Bill is the rs6 turbo you used this one:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321429512189&globalID=EBAY-GB

Bill...

Where can I find specifications?

Cheers