Brakes. Cant decide what to buy :S

SyA3Turbo

Reaction score
Website
www.dub-life.co.uk
I need to change my front pads on the car so i decided i could perhaps upgrade to something a bit better. The thing is, once i started looking it became clear that there are loads of different kits out there using all sort of different bits and i haven't a clue whats best and what's best value for money.

So far i have looked at ECS stage 2, Brembo GT Junior, AMDs Porsche spec. I have also looked into the possibility of making my own kit using second hand calipers, MBT-Universaladapter with audi a8 discs possibly redrilled to correct pattern.

Can anyone give me any gen on what's what and whats best to buy as im begining to get confused by what i should do.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Much appreciated.

Hi mate, had the same dilemma. Ended up buying GT3 calipers from Germany (with pads and sensors) and going to mate them with R32 discs. Going to machine up some mounting brackets for the calipers myself. Should end up around the £700 mark by the time I've bought the flexis.
But as has been said, how much do you want to spend ? What size are the A8 discs then ? 360 like the RS4 are they ?

Chris.

The brembo GTs are 328X28 I think.
The GT3s I have are 32mm thick with bigger pistons in the caliper. Much of a muchnes I suppose though. For around £700-750 the GT kit is good. No messsing around either. If you want the bling, the ECS 355 kit is the bizz.

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
The brembo GTs are 328X28 I think.
The GT3s I have are 32mm thick with bigger pistons in the caliper. Much of a muchnes I suppose though. For around £700-750 the GT kit is good. No messsing around either. If you want the bling, the ECS 355 kit is the bizz.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

ECS Stage 2 uses OE TT/S3 discs with Boxster callipers
ECS Stage 2v2 used ECS 332mm 2-piece discs with Boxster Callipers
ECS Stage 3 uses 320mm OE Porshce discs, 993T callipers (were the cheapest about for this setup)
ECS Stage 5 uses 350mm ECS 2-piece discs, Cayenne S 6pot callipers and are H U G E!

Brembo GT use 320mm discs and the callipers are a bit smaller than the boxster ones

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
That stage 5 kit must be awesome. Anyone had it ?

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of 2 guys with R32's who we've supplied the kits to. They both say they are awesome in stopping power... About what i expected really!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
s3bow. How much were the r32 discs whats the sizes on them?

Rich do you keep the brembo's in stock? If not what kind of delivery time do you have on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brembos would be delivered in about 3 working days.

Yes , and R32 calipers !
Just ordered the R32 discs from JBR. Let you all know how I get on.

Chris.

Don't know the cost of the calipers but the OEM discs were £260 all in.

Chris.