AndyMac stealth sub mounted :-)

olekvi

Reaction score
Finaly found enough spare time to mount my sub (and amplifier) from AndyMac.

It was a bit more work than I hoped for, but hey; the sound is well worth it :)

I decided to go with the 'hidden amplifier' mount - mounting an amplifier inside the left read speaker panel. The sub goes on the regular 'sub place'. I had to do quite some work to make space for it, as I've got Navi-player, parking sensor logic / buzzer and gsm phone electronic fitted above the sub, but finaly I found space for everything.

You might say this is a stupid post, but the reason I've posted it to let everyone know about this great sub(enclosure) :)

Thanks a lot Andy!

regards

Will take som pictures when I'm finished mounting el recaros as well :)

my system is the bose with the in dash 6 disc changer, does this allow for a slightly bigger sub box as the cd changer is not above the bose sub ???? Just wondering as I would like to upgrade the sub later this year.

Unfortunatly not, as the space above the sub tapers in too much, so the enclosure would get too complex to manfacture from 18mm MDF, also you need some room at the back in order to secure the box.

I've never taken an 8P apart let alone looked at the sub setup. It maybe the case that it's exactly the same, but I doubt it somehow, knowing Audi.
I had the luxury of developing the stealth sub for my wifes A3TS, so had unlimited access to the car and few quarms about ripping it apart. I wouldn't feel happy about doing the same to someone elses baby.

Reactions: bobbinz