Rolling road print outs

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would like to post their rolling road print outs on here. I thought there used to be a forum for this, but seems to have gone.
Just though it could be interesting to see and discuss the torque/power curves (and figures if on the same rr, same day etc.) for different remaps.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i`ll try and get mine on as ive just been to well lane with a group from the TTOC, managed 231 bhp off a std S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

That's mine,
231.9 bhp @ 7043 rpm
200.4 ftlb @ 3669 rpm

Not bad for a standard S3! nice going baby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Would like to see every ones max rpm's, my baby got to 7395 rpm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is amiss here...

There is no way a standard 1.8T revs to 7395 RPM...

1.8Ts make power to about 5500...above that, the power tails off...it's just the way the cams / K04 are....I just don't get why yours appears to make peak power at 7043 RPM.

My S3 made peak power at 5250 RPM...enturely more sensible....the standard fuel cut was at 6000 and something...even on a re-mapped ECU you not get into the 7000s before cutting out.
Even on big turbo applications you'll be lucky to get power that high up...hell, my tuned 16v doesn't make peak power that high up on 268 cams!

Something is not right...

That's also one of the strangest graphs I've seen.

If this is the case...and you take rev counter accuracy into account...your 1.8T will cut out right at the top of the scale on the rev counter...an indicated 7600-7700...
Is this the case?

Another example of "Engine Advantages" purely fictional printouts.

It looks like the operator has not calibrated the engine rpm to the rollers properly because as Glen says there is no way at all the car will still be making more power after the high 5k rpms.

Also, i'm interested to see another wheel loss of about 30bhp (WTF?). The power figure is probbably about right (by good fortune or manipulation rather than accuracy I bet) although I would suggest the torque is rather low.

Why do these companies produce such USELESS graphs time and time again... We know that even the best RRs have a margin of error that makes them at best a good estimate of power, but the graphs I have seen from Engine Advantages have been crazy... Pure fiction... Nonsense....

Shame.

[ QUOTE ]
i`ll try and get mine on as ive just been to well lane with a group from the TTOC, managed 231 bhp off a std S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

showing off again fingerbumb

forgot to say. i got 288bhp and im still on the stock pipe and cats. . now whos showin off ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]
forgot to say. i got 288bhp and im still on the stock pipe and cats. . now whos showin off ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not showing off, just proving what we have known all along - the exhaust / downpipe / cats are not especialyl restrictive.

Any BHP claim here is useless without the graphs though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yeah, to be honest I was more interested in the graphs as we could then discuss the various different cureves related to each remaps and their power/torque delivery. I think (if not know) that would show more about the differences of each chip rather than top figures. Just something to discuss......

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, to be honest I was more interested in the graphs as we could then discuss the various different cureves related to each remaps and their power/torque delivery. I think (if not know) that would show more about the differences of each chip rather than top figures. Just something to discuss......

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem it that you can't compare maps if they are incorrect in the first place.

But your idea for a thread is a good one.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot to mention you have a TT :p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot to mention you have a TT :p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hi there fingersmell , so ive got an audi TT. same motor, whats the slap about ?

41747415b096736f249e2b7429b25b1cf57bf8dbdb9a9b414954fd24.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
NWMark ,

What mods are you running there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea...graph are worth nothing unless accompanied by additional information:
Whetre the run was done
What modifications
Whose map is being used

Also, without power at the wheels and boost, they are also worthless...it's just too easy to make a graph read whatever the owner wants...with all the info displayed, you offer real proof - warts and all - which allows people who can actually read dyno graphs to see if they are close to reality, or not!

Wont let me modify the post, so here is the info requested.

Prosport in Stockport (4WD)
Revo 98 ron setting from SPS2
N75 H valve

Power at the wheels was about 210bhp (ill check later for sure)

Boost chart: (not from actual RR session but gives an indication of boost levels, 4th gear run)

N75%20H%20-%20Boost_75.jpg

will post up the full info later as its all printed on the top of the print out.

Mark

Well, here's my print out for a recent rolling road run on my car, after:

- Supersprint exhaust
- Jabba remap

Cv - bhp (I think).

Make what you will. Though in my opinion those figures look suspiciously optimistic. I'd say they're around 10 - 20 bhp higher than they should be, going by what other peoples remaps are giving.

s3_rolling_shrunk.jpg

rolling_road_graph_censored.jpg

Enjoy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

@ NWMark, what boost levels does that N75 valve give you then as it goes off the scale at 1.55 bar - do you have a boost gauge?

Dunc

Dunc,

no boost gauge so i havent clue, i wouldnt be suprised if it was over 1.7bar though.

That boost spike is purely due to the N75H valve. With the standard valve on it sits very close to requested almost all the way once the lag is over with.

I dont have that valve on anymore though, only had it on about 2 weeks, done some VAG-COm logs one weekend was RR the next and then took it off.

I didnt like the huge boost spike, especially not knowing actually how high it was spiking, and the car was actually worse to drive on a day to day basis.

With H valve it 'felt' more laggy, but did kick harder and was always giving TC a hard time, but also felt like it had less pull higher up the revs?!?
but this might be due to teh higher initial kick!

hopefully will have it RR again soon to see how it fairs on the normal valve. (or a J version if i get hold of one of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Mark

J valve will do much the same, perhaps a little higher spike, but more chance of limp mode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

David,

i always thought the spike was less with the J valve?? thats why i tried the H first thinking it was the more extreme of the two?!?!

Mark