I've just learnt something about my S3 - after only 7.5 years of ownership....

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
Embarrassing or what. :blush: And no, it's not the little sun visor behind the rear view mirror.

After 7.5 years of S3 ownership I've only just accidentally found out when the centre button of the key fob does. When I bought the car,I assumed it would allow you to open just the boot when the rest of the car is locked. I tried it and it didn't work, assumed mechanism was jammed, so gave up.

Tonight I got in the car and accidentally pressed the middle button on the fob - and the boot popped. So now know you have to unlock the car first before you pop the boot.

RTFM springs to mind....:undwech:

Reactions: Inertiauk
I think you hold or press twice and it pops when it's locked

took me over a year to find the little sun visor behind the mirror with me golf haha

R T F M

Read The Fcekin Manual!! Lol

C'mon Jase!!!

As mentioned, if you keep it pressed when the rest of the car is locked, it will pop open.

My mate who has one never new you could open or close the windows with the key (holding buttons or in the lock) for a year or more till I showed him lol

Well holding it when the car is locked is new to me! Although just before I was about to fix the drivers window clip with a friend I was kneeling down to grab something from garage and my friend says "all the windows on your car have gone down". The key fob was in my pocket the buttons got pressed just from pressure from something like my wallet next to fob so all I can say is watch out!

owned my car for nearly two years...and never even noticed it!!

I'd had my old B5 A4 for two years and was actually showing it to a prospective buyer when I realised the seats had adjustable lumbar support!

Is this only on facelift? I've only got 2 buttons on my fob :(

Is this only on facelift? I've only got 2 buttons on my fob :(

Yup, use lowly prefacelifts don't have this function Gops, but hey, our bootlid handles don't corrode like the facelift, and the we don't have a touch bad release that catches water, corrodes and fails, leaving the only way to open the bootlid with the keyfob button.

So all is not bad.

Haha! Big up tha team pre-facelift crew! Brap! ;)