K&n or pipercross

Kris6383

Ze germans are here
Reaction score
Heard a few people say they had problems with k&n induction kits, so thinkin about getting a pipercross one eud like some opinions on This thanks

Don't buy foam filters... as they degrade the foam ends up in the turbo...

<tuffty/>

+2.... even try a panel filter and smoothed box with cold feed.

Go Jetex mate, will still give u the noise u want and improved gains. When I had a k&n on my 1.8t golf I was forever having trouble

Reactions: Jordan1.8t
smoothed box, somebody please enlighten me.

smoothed box, somebody please enlighten me.
It's when you cut away/smooth the inner groves inside the airbox. More air should be able to flow better in the airbox.

another vote for the jetex, its like half the price of the others, and does give good gains! paired with a forge/badger5 TIP its a preety good mod to do!!

jetex also.

do k&n still come pre oiled? if not u could use that but would still get a jetex

Apexi filters are also very good but more expensive so Jetex would probably be the best all round filter.

Apexi filters are also very good but more expensive so Jetex would probably be the best all round filter.

I've been looking into getting one of those Apexi filters but they are not easily available in this country. I've noticed a few guys on Seatcupra.net run them and are very happy with them but not seen one on a A3/S3 yet.

yeah i had noticed a few on there had started using them. I came to Vag from the Jap world so knew about them anyway and had one on my Yaris.

They`re often on ebay but not sure if they`re the right neck size and so on. Most jap tuning sites will list them im sure.

Sorry to hijack but is smooth airbox best or cone filters? doesn´t the cone setup just end up taking in hot air.

Sorry to hijack but is smooth airbox best or cone filters? doesn´t the cone setup just end up taking in hot air.

Nah, you can do heat sheilding but its all quite far away from the really hot stuff id say.

Jetex jetex jetex (to the conga theme tune)

Someone, maybe Nattie, posted scanned copies of an article in redline (I think) and short of a metal gauze filter, which, doesnt do an awful lot of filtering Jetex beat the likes of k&N, Green Cotton etc. etc.