Uprated smic's.

Don't bother... only uprated SMIC I know of is one for a Golf... even then its not the best... get yourself a Forge or AH Fabs FMIC..

Uprated SMIC's will be expensive and not as effective as a decent FMIC...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
the fmic u got, seems pretty good value for money. was it easy to fit yourself? n will it fit my car? i have the rs4 bumper on

I got a smic,running stage 2 with no probs,get a fmic if your going for more power than a stage 2 though

I got a smic,running stage 2 with no probs,get a fmic if your going for more power than a stage 2 though

Every car fitted with STD smics I have seen either on the dyno or road logged with stage one or above has produced IAT's over 50/60 deg with crap recovery which of course is detrimental to performance. Any mapped 20v VAG car benefits from a fmic as the smics just can't cope beyond STD power...

You don't 'need' a fmic of course but after a very short time of 'spirited' driving the smics become next to useless

<tuffty/>

If Pace havnt done one of these already you could contact them and get a free one as they are half way through the VAG development programme

I've got one for sale if anyone is interested. I'm changing to fmic as I'm craving more powah!