Audi Driver's International - 8th October 2011

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Taken from Audi Driver International 2011

Last year's Audi Driver International, at Castle Combe race circuit, was a spectacular success, with an all-time record attendance from club members, track cars and spectators!

The track was busy throughout the day*, with many traders giving demo drives and passenger rides and Audi UK was running a draw to win fast-lap passenger rides in an R8. The lunchtime parade for families with children was also well subscribed, joined by a convoy of Ur quattros celebrating their 30th anniversary this year, and the day ended with a grand parade around the circuit.

The Concours d'Elegance, sponsored by Dodo Juice, was won (yet again) by Andy Stevenson with his immaculate yellow TT Roadster.

The event then finished in style, at the Hilton hotel at Swindon, after a reception atSwindon Audi, with a gala dinner and presentation of the annual Audi Driver awards, including a guest appearance from racing driver Allan McNish, and finished with a disco sponsored by Custom-Code.

For more information or discussion, please click on the thread below

[url]http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/major-uk-events/126274-audi-drivers-international-8th-october-2011-***official-thread***.html[/URL]

If you want to join fellow members on the ASN clubstand, click on the Guste List thread below,

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/major-...st-use-adding-names-only-not-discussions.html

Just a quicky Jo where do you click to buy the tickets as I dont want to race on the track or hotel just want entry and cant find access ticket prices.

Just a quicky Jo where do you click to buy the tickets as I dont want to race on the track or hotel just want entry and cant find access ticket prices.

Good question! lol

Looks like they have screwed the website up, there's no option to just buy tickets!! I will email them tomorrow and let them know! haha

Cheers Jo

lol glad you asked chris iv been going round that site for ages...... :banghead:

so you going dude? was going to pm ya, didn't see yr name on the list.

lol glad you asked chris iv been going round that site for ages...... :banghead:

so you going dude? was going to pm ya, didn't see yr name on the list.

lol I was exactly the same back and forth back and forth theres no way I was paying that just to go there lol yeah defo going damo equipped with my spankin blak grill :icon_thumright:
Just need to buy my ticket, glad you reminded me though I need to put my name down.

OK, just got off the phone with them, it's pay at the door only for tickets, unless you buy track sessions online, which includes the entry fee!

Sorry for all the confusion.

alot of members last year but the show itself for me was boring when compared to GTI international etc. Theres just not alot going on. I may go anyway but will see closer to the time

alot of members last year but the show itself for me was boring when compared to GTI international etc. Theres just not alot going on. I may go anyway but will see closer to the time

Two different kind of shows really, this is a trackday event, you are paying to be a spectator to watch cars go round the track, you could make it more entertaining by going out on track yourself! GTI Inters is more of a 'Scene' event, with the 1/4 miles as the spectators event, it has more traders and focuses on Show and Shine for many categories.

I enjoy both for different reasons personally.

Im going was a great day out last year,nice chilled day!

Who else wants to go on track that hasn't got in on the first ASN track session?

If that's you, get on the list for the second track session!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/major-...-session-@adi-limited-spaces.html#post1362369

If we can get 12 people on board, Jo can book us a second track session. 3 people on the list already, just another 9 people to get out on track and it'll happen!

Come on folks, if you've not been on track before it's a great way to see if it's for you, and push your car safely somewhere that's not going to get you a driving ban!

I have 7 days to arrange this guys, this means, I need full payment from everyone by the 17th Sept for it to work!

So sign up now if interested!

Right, the first ASN track session filled up pretty quick! So we have the opportunity to book another dedicated slot for ASN members if we can get 12 names and payment in 7 days. It is £35 for track time and this INCLUDES entry, which is cheaper than track time on the day (£45) without taking into account entry (£10). And you'll get to drive around on a track with your mates, not randomers.

The reason this list is going is because there was such demand for the original and people are missing out, at £35 for lap time AND entry itsa total bargain. So get your name on it now because there is a lot of interest and this is the last boat for the deal:thumbsup:

1. Prawn
2. Jardo
3. Loupigs
4. SuperKarl
5. COULD BE YOU DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Remember, we need a full 12 for this to go ahead. And when it does, it'll be awesome.

To get your name on the list click the link below and add yourself on or PM me and I will update accordingly.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/major-...-session-@adi-limited-spaces.html#post1362615

Last edited:
This is going to be awesome :)

I'm doing my royal best to get out in both the ASN track sessions, to show all your S3 boys how FWD is still the best :p

(Please do not take above comments seriously)

This is going to be awesome :)

I'm doing my royal best to get out in both the ASN track sessions, to show all your S3 boys how FWD is still the best :p

(Please do not take above comments seriously)

I'm doing both too mate, with my mate as the driver in the 2nd one! I shall go out last to save embarrassment! :laugh:

I want to go out last, it'll be more fun picking my way through the field :p

Last combe session I did I went out first, and was lapping the tail end cars within 2 laps :p

I want to go out last, it'll be more fun picking my way through the field :p

Last combe session I did I went out first, and was lapping the tail end cars within 2 laps :p

You and I need to take care of Lou too don't forget! Then we'll peel off and I'll show you up in my far superior car on YOUR tires! :p

Noooo just realised this clashes with my sponsored cycle ride from bath to weymouth (why o why!)
Anyone got a track camera or something they could maybe film the ASN laps? That would be a laugh to see afterwards.

Not ONE 8P is taking part in this, I don't even mind getting overtaken by one! Do they not trust their cars? lol

There's less lining on my clutch than there is skin inside Daniella Westbrooke's coke ravaged nostrils. As I'm trading in 2 weeks from now I'm risking nothing!!

Il see you all there,might be a little sick though ment to be at work!hehe!

When was this?? ;)

Soz guys, been so busy at the mo, would loved to have been there, guess I will have to wait till next year AGAIN!!

It was last saterday,was great got to know some more asn user's,there wer more and better cars on track than last year,a great event!,did'nt take any photos though!!sowie!!!

Your car was jaw dropping mate, well done...:icon_thumright:
Thanks mate!,after i did the parade lap at the end of the day wish i had got some lap time like you guys did!,what lap times did you get??

Thanks mate!,after i did the parade lap at the end of the day wish i had got some lap time like you guys did!,what lap times did you get??

Prawn was doing 1:22's, same time as the goodwood green R8 that was doing paid laps.

Most of us did 1:30 to 1:45 though.

Prawn was doing 1:22's, same time as the goodwood green R8 that was doing paid laps.

Most of us did 1:30 to 1:45 though.
Fair play!,yea i did see one lap of you lot going round missed the rest!,was gr8 but obveously end of lap time no1 was gunning it!,i only live 5 mins down the road from there so am up there alot that good times!