Want to get VAG-com, what do i need?

tom792

Boost Addict :)
Reaction score
Wanna get vag-com for my laptop, just handy to check fault codes, reset keys ect

Just a few questions,

Where can i get it from, and how much?

Is it easy to use?

Obviously you need a cable to connect to the car, where can i get this from?

Thanks for any help :)

Where can i get it from, and how much?

Nige (NHN)

Is it easy to use?

With a practice and careful trial and error any idiot can use it (he says looking at his own reflection!). Rule of thumb is make a note of any long coding changes before you make them so you can revert back. Doing logs of runs is harder than I thought, but I'm sure Nige can explain.

Send NHN a message on here, he is a supplier of the genuine software and cable.

He can discuss prices etc with you directly.

You can download the software its free anyway, however, you will need a cable, even if you get a cheapo one of the net, you can use them, but they are limited in use and can also be very intermittent.

You can download the software its free anyway, however, you will need a cable, even if you get a cheapo one of the net, you can use them, but they are limited in use and can also be very intermittent.

How good are the cheapo ones? Where can you buy them from?

How good are the cheapo ones? Where can you buy them from?

cheap far eastern rubbish from the bay. I've read of so many problems with them failing / intermittent / not working. VCDS cables are expensive as so much effort goes into supporting product / updates etc. its not all about the cable itself.