URGENT - When is the Haldex change due?

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
on a 1.8TQ? Need to know sharpish. Thought it was at the big 40k service?

Cheers

haldex oil change is due at 20k and oil and filter every 40k

yeah thats what i heard, mines do for the oil change too

Fingermouse is right. Oil change should be ~£40 and its ~£80 for oil and filter!

hmmm i just had my haldex done for £55 at 2nd major AVS (38k)...so have i not had my filter changed when it should have been?
hmmm...wiil need to check when i get home.

Well some sort of result. Thanks for the responses.

Was asking the question because I handed my car in for its 50k service
(actually only 46.5k showing) and got it back this morning. When I got home I checked the checklist and found that there was a big red dot next to "Haldex Oil & Filter" and a tick in the "Not OK" box but no tick in the "Rectified" box. Given I'm driving off to the Alps on Saturday this was kinda alarming so I hastily rang back the dealership and asked what the blazes was going on.

So they looked back through the service records and found they had not only omitted to notify me of this on this occasion but that they hadn't actually done it last time at the (very expensive) 40k service when they should have. Aaaaargh!

So the car has to go back again tomorrow to have this done which is very annoying (though maybe this time thay'll remember to stamp the service book unlike yesterday). However, to give them their credit I am not going to charged for the job which is I suppose mollifying to an extent. At central London rates, its a £165 job!

What a mess! Congratulations on sorting them out though...

(this Haldex 20k interval does make AVS a bit of a joke, as well - hardly any point)

[ QUOTE ]
What a mess! Congratulations on sorting them out though...

(this Haldex 20k interval does make AVS a bit of a joke, as well - hardly any point)

[/ QUOTE ]

Howd ya mean by that bro???

Sorry, Slug, I'll explain a bit.

I bought the car with 27k on it, so it got a service then.

Now, AVS reckons I'll make it til about 43k. So, I should take it in at 40k (Haldex) and 43k (service) - and two dealer trips within 3000 miles seems like a lot of effort and money!

So I could get the AVS service done early at 40k, with Haldex. But then my next Haldex change will be out of sync again... And so on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Unless your AVS intervals are a nice multiple of the Haldex interval, you'll end up going back to the dealer twice as often as needs be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, Slug, I'll explain a bit.

I bought the car with 27k on it, so it got a service then.

Now, AVS reckons I'll make it til about 43k. So, I should take it in at 40k (Haldex) and 43k (service) - and two dealer trips within 3000 miles seems like a lot of effort and money!

So I could get the AVS service done early at 40k, with Haldex. But then my next Haldex change will be out of sync again... And so on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Unless your AVS intervals are a nice multiple of the Haldex interval, you'll end up going back to the dealer twice as often as needs be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Presactly what i was thinking. My AVS came was estimating a service needed at 19k miles but my dealer said the longest the AVS can stretch to to back up the warranty is 18K miles so what the point?

mines due in at 21K dont forget i have a diesel, its suposedly between 19-21K on tdi's, so mine should be ok, maybe???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well my Haldex oil was done at the first AVS service around 15,000 miles? so then it had the 2nd AVS @ 28,300 miles, so if it is every 20,000 I need to take it back in @ 35,000 miles and then @ 41,000 it is due another AVS ?????

So my plan is that I will bite the bullet and have the Haldex oil and filter changed at 35,000 by my local Indi and then have an inspection service + Haldex oil/filter at 40,000 at which the AVS will be turned off!

Then it is easy as every 10,000 is service and Haldex oil and every 20,000 is service and Haldex filter/oil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't do a lot of miles so AVS it not going to benefit me.

It was easy for me as they've put my car onto a fixed servicing regime rather than the original AVS. The thought of the car going up to 19k or 2 yrs without servicing bothers someone like me who's previously only had old cars. I like the car to be in tip-top condition mechanically and therefore would prefer to pay once a year to have the car serviced and be sure it's in good order rather than not. Frankly even my Golf which covers barely 1500 miles a year gets serviced once a year at MoT time.

yeah, depends how u look at it, i do long distance driving and clock up at lest 15-19K a year, so service is gonna be yearly, and diesels can go futher without service than a petrol, as long as u drive the car sensibly and not thrash it at cold, then it'll be fine, but 2yrs is way too long for any oil change etc..

reading this i am getting concerned, my haldex (oil & filter) was done on 2nd AVS, not before. And has just had its 3rd AVS .... and i am pretty sure wasnt done then either.
IS IS DEFO EVERY ~20K ?

Going to check service recipts tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

this is where audi are stupid IMO because surely when quoting for a service they should include this as it needs doing anyway, they should atleast make the owner aware of the intervals it needs doing, as i didnt know that it needed doing untill i was reading on here!

[ QUOTE ]
reading this i am getting concerned, my haldex (oil & filter) was done on 2nd AVS, not before. And has just had its 3rd AVS .... and i am pretty sure wasnt done then either.
IS IS DEFO EVERY ~20K ?

Going to check service recipts tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes oil change is every 20K, Filter every 40K.

Rich.

audi should have all this info on their database of your car.... i.e what has been done...from which they should be able to work out what needs to be done.

before i bought my car i knew it was coming up for service so checked what needed done and they told me i need brake fluid change which was missed at 20k. i guess its down to the individual dealers/people, but Ayr Audi and Camerons of Perth were both able to tell me the same info from the car reg.

When booking your car for an audi service - unless its been serviced non-Audi - you should ask them for details of what needs to be done. Not just tell them. If they say you need something you can always come up here and ask to confirm:)

Im suprised that any quattro model doesnt have it stated in the service book, for each and every service interval, unless it does, havent red mine for ages, lol.

Dealer and Audi UK both said it was every 40K .... I pointed out that this is contrary to the service book.

After 30mins of looking into it the dealer has confirmed that "it was an oversight" !!.... more like they didnt know.

Going to get it done next week. Also dealer confirmed that they will log the eror for any future Haldex claims that may arise.