Ebay Audi S3 280bhp 0-60 5s

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Audi S3 Lovely Condition, FASH, 280bhp | eBayts also good for 165mph and 300000 miles lol

permanent 4wd also, must a special edition or something.

Where not all **** in cornwall I live less than 9 miles away and I've never seen that S3.

Looks like a good clean car and a fairly decent and honest advert, better than some of the muppets on here could manage. Whats the problem?

No problem as you put it, just fun to see what people write about there cars as a point of sale, as Dave said willy waggling :laugh:

not being funny here, but it is permanent awd, it may not be 50/50 at all times, but there's always power going to the back!

and an s3 will do 300,000, a friend of mine in poland has a mk1 tt with 570,000 km on it!

I just struggle to believe it's 280bhp when he doesn't state any mods other than the remap.

not being funny here, but it is permanent awd, it may not be 50/50 at all times, but there's always power going to the back!

Erm ... No. The rear diff is a wet clutch system. The prop might always be turning.... but there is never always drive through the rear diff.

Heated Front Screen????
165mph????

However not the worst ad I have seen by a long way!

On 05-Aug-11 at 17:43:25 BST, seller added the following information:Just gone through all the paperwork today and discovered a few things......the car is not running at 280bhp but is running at 340bhp with 440 pounds of torque. I have the paperwork to prove this.

f*** right off. 440 my ****.

Heated Front Screen????
165mph????

However not the worst ad I have seen by a long way!

I had a track day/experience at Knockhill in my own car (old S3, 03 model) and did 162mph with 2 people up, 165mph isn't totally impossible imo.

Edit: In case any smartypants think I'm actually an idiot ragging along the motorway pretending I was on private ground here's a wee picture, the car was serviced before and immediately after as well to take car of it

photo-42.jpg

:)

Last edited:
I had a track day/experience at Knockhill in my own car (old S3, 03 model) and did 162mph with 2 people up, 165mph isn't totally impossible imo.
Ess Three said it is impossible,something to do with the aerodynamics also bearing in mind the speedo is not accurate

Ess Three said it is impossible,something to do with the aerodynamics also bearing in mind the speedo is not accurate

Probably right, isn't top speed more about aerodynamics and/or you need an awful lot of power to counter the aerodynamics to gain even small increments in top speed....something like that anyway.

Someone spent some penny's

Hi thanks for your interest.It has had a JS IHI turbocharger fitted at a cost of £995, a JS Exhaust manifold, ( ported and coated )£585, a Boast pipe from turbo to std pipe at £75, Turbo intake pipe £165, Exhaust down-pipe at £325, Sports CAT £325, Coolant return pipe to block at £45, Coolent feed pipe to turbo at £58,Fitting kit, (gaskets,bolts) £85, Fuel Injectors x 4 £270, Oil Feed-Geniune part, (inc all parts) £70.35, Oil return pipe £57, Fuel regulator £60, Lambda probe £126.67, Map sensor £65 and a CV boot guard at £35. Its also had ECU Remap at £528 (inc fitting), Coolent, Oil & Filter at £95, Front mounted intercooler at £1006.50, (inc fitting),Boast controller at £194.22, (inc fitting), Clutch kit for £899.25, (inc fitting )and finally OE Fly wheel at £515.......Total £6540.73

"two remote controlled key fobs."

I might buy it just to have these,it'll save me going upstairs to get my keys as I can bring them down with my remote control

Hi thanks for your interest.It has had a JS IHI turbocharger fitted at a cost of £995, a JS Exhaust manifold, ( ported and coated )£585, a Boast pipe from turbo to std pipe at £75, Turbo intake pipe £165, Exhaust down-pipe at £325, Sports CAT £325, Coolant return pipe to block at £45, Coolent feed pipe to turbo at £58,Fitting kit, (gaskets,bolts) £85, Fuel Injectors x 4 £270, Oil Feed-Geniune part, (inc all parts) £70.35, Oil return pipe £57, Fuel regulator £60, Lambda probe £126.67, Map sensor £65 and a CV boot guard at £35. Its also had ECU Remap at £528 (inc fitting), Coolent, Oil & Filter at £95, Front mounted intercooler at £1006.50, (inc fitting),Boast controller at £194.22, (inc fitting), Clutch kit for £899.25, (inc fitting )and finally OE Fly wheel at £515.......Total £6540.73

If this is the case, someone is getting a quick S3!

If this is the case, someone is getting a quick S3!

Probably right, isn't top speed more about aerodynamics and/or you need an awful lot of power to counter the aerodynamics to gain even small increments in top speed....something like that anyway.
I race road bikes, at about 30mph 80% of your energy is being used just to push the air out of the way, so I would agree that the S3 shape would be a major limiting factor to top speed although I'm not doubting anyone.

Hmmm Big turbod s3 now....
you cant understand some people, he spent more evergy explaining the crappy parcel shelf then stating its had a 6k turbo conversion....:lmfao:

Interestingly though when I asked him for the spec on ebay I also asked i the con-rods had been changed and what make of remap he had, neither of which he's answered, does seem to have done a lot to it in fairness.

Nige

Anyone close by enough to go check it out? if it has had that much spent on it could be a good deal in the end.

"Very fast car 0-60mph 5secs, Top speed over 165mph,Been very well looked after" thrashed to ****e i'd say.
"140,000 miles, ( motorway miles )".seeing as he live in cornwall and the closest motoway is 85 miles away i find that hard to believe to.....

I race road bikes, at about 30mph 80% of your energy is being used just to push the air out of the way.

Fail, that 80% is more like 60% for a 90KG rider of roughly 6 foot and closer to 50 for a <70Kg rider of between 5 foot 10 and 6 foot (your typical racer). Thats without getting into aerodynamics of frames, shoe covers and compression suits, a Specialized Shiv for instance will reduce that drag even further through reverse aerofoil head tube cowlings and fork legs.

Sorry to be pedantic, but stuff like that annoys me.

Erm ... No. The rear diff is a wet clutch system. The prop might always be turning.... but there is never always drive through the rear diff.

the rear diff is not a wet clutch system - the haldex is - there is always some power going to the rear of the car - ask haldex yourself!

Fail, that 80% is more like 60% for a 90KG rider of roughly 6 foot and closer to 50 for a <70Kg rider of between 5 foot 10 and 6 foot (your typical racer). Thats without getting into aerodynamics of frames, shoe covers and compression suits, a Specialized Shiv for instance will reduce that drag even further through reverse aerofoil head tube cowlings and fork legs.

Sorry to be pedantic, but stuff like that annoys me.
Science of Cycling: Aerodynamics & Wind Resistance | Exploratorium
On a flat road, aerodynamic drag is by far the greatest barrier to a cyclist's speed, accounting for 70 to 90 percent of the resistance felt when pedaling.

Last edited:
You cant compare the energy of a cyclist to thatt of a 340hp car lol. For a cyclist yes, it may be 80% of his/hers total energy, but not of the cars total energy. Un/ess you have GIGANTIC legs?!
The drag cowfficient of the 8l shape isnt that bad either. try telling the likes of welly and tuffty that they cant acheive such speeds....

The theory is correct for any powered vehicle be it a skateboard, bicycle or car.

Read this, it's a bit heavy but interesting. Getting a car to a certain speed is as mentioned above only limited by the gearbox assuming power is unlimited, however getting enough power in an A3 to over it's dynamics whilst not impossible would be a challenge to say the least!

Part 6: Speed and Horsepower

Must be the 'boast pipe' he has fitted that gives it all that power :)

Sounds to me like he's brought the car with the work already done. It's the only reason i can think of why 1; he wouldn't know what map the cars had etc. The fact that he seems to have just 'found paper work proving it's running 340hp' that he's not bothered to look at untill now beggers belief and 2; why he's put 3 pictures of a butchered parcel shelf in the ad instead of more photo's of the bodywork/engine.

I find in general when people on ebay don't really know what there selling it means one of two things. Someone might get a major bargain or an absolute lemon. Lets hope someone gets a bargain!