S3 chassis no. etc - HELP!

MickA3

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the chassis no. of a 2001 Audi S3....I want to order an S3 spoiler for my A3 and the $£*/! in Audi won't help me until i give him a chassis no. or the S3 spoiler part no.... such bad service!!.... do all year S3s have the same spoiler- I have a 2001 A3 - which S3 Spoiler do i need?? .... it looks like i'm not going to get any assistance from Audi....please help!!

will any S3 spoiler from 1996-2003 fit?? (once pins removed- spoiler will be bonded on)

how helpful of them! As far as I can see there is only one for both versions:

part no. 8L0 927933

Just figured I'd ask, as most spoilers I've seen have mentioned the 210/220 kph "Limit" and I just chalked it up to the adhesive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just figured I'd ask, as most spoilers I've seen have mentioned the 210/220 kph "Limit" and I just chalked it up to the adhesive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they're worried the car will flip above these speeds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I can't see the glue giving, maybe if the spoiler sat up more, proud from the body by a distance, then support may become an issue, but I just can't see it being a problem with the S3 spoiler at all. I actually think that some bodge (Duct) tape would do just the trick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rang Audi and finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing- funnily enough he told me the part no. was 8L9 827933 (slightly different to the one above)....

[ QUOTE ]
rang Audi and finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing- funnily enough he told me the part no. was 8L9 827933 (slightly different to the one above)....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's the correct number according to my info, so not sure where Ewan got his number from......last time I checked I could get it for 214 Euros (140 quid) from my dealer.

strange, what version are you on? I'm still on 6.2 but hopefully not for much longer. Mine is bolted on as when I got the new tailgate they had got the wrong one - an S3 instead of an A3 one so I agreed to keep it and pay and extra £150 for the spoiler fitted/painted.

[ QUOTE ]
oops, just checked again. Dunno where I got the 8L0 from, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You been smoking my boy? Leave that to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif