Passenger seat wont lock in place

YTL2000

Reaction score
The gf got out the car last night of my 3 Door A3 and left the passenger seat folded forwards. Today, I get in and go to put the chair back but it does click in place and keeps popping back up.

I have examed both seats and worked out that there is a little hook on the bottom that rotates when the back of seat is aligned the seat as a whole is about click in - I believe that this hook is the culprit but how do I get it to rotate?

I assume it is hooked onto something but I cant tell what. Does anyone know how to fix this or could help me fix this? I am based in North London.

Cheers!
Tom

Do both levers that allow the seat to fold forward still lift up together. It is very common for the bolt joining the 2 to come loose and could be related to your problem. The bolt is on the side of the seat closest to the driver's seat. you have to pull off the lever and pop out the plastic insert to get to it.

Yes, the both still lift up togather.

If you can imagine with the seat folded as forwards as possible........the seat back is actually loose from the base. The seat back locks into position and this is ok. When the back is locked to the base, both pieces then move together in a downwards motion. At the point of moving, this is when the hook/pin starts to rotate into the correct locking position.

Providing that this is how the seat works, I think there is something that should be connected to pin (spring or cable) may have come off. How do I get into the seat to investigate?

Do you have nay other ideas?