Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Brake Light query

Hey guys,

just realised that i have no brake lights on my car and also that the cruise control has stopped working. plug in my fleabay version of vagcom and got a couple of codes 1st was no surprise it was reference a lambda sensor which i have not had the chance to correct, the others were 17522 and 16955.

I did some digging and i am right in that i require a new brake pedal switch?

I had a quick search through the forum but couldn't find any info on part numbers, would any of you kind folk know the correct part for a 2001 BAM.

cheers

Matthew

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Well panic over.

Phoned my local Audi 1st thing this morning to check on part (number for which is 1C0945511) of which they had 1 left... only good luck i've ever had. After a 2 mile walk to pick it up during work and not getting home till after 8, i have now thankfully got brake lights.

(having no car sucks ass big time)

I hope i never have to change that again... took me ages just to take the lower dash off.

Hope the part number can help some fellow members out when needed.

Matt

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Glad your sorted, but i dont think you need to take the lower dash off...although it would be easier, but more time consuming

Neutral

Status
    cheers mate, was a pain to get the dash off and on again but couldn't access it any other way. Maybe do the clutch switch in the next couple of weeks while i have the know how still in my head.

matt