The PD 130 Engine.

Audi-Power

Reaction score
my friend as one of these PD Engines in is A3 on a 02 plate.

when the engine is stone cold and your sat in the car and you start it up after a minuet or 2 you can feel a judder coming through the car.
all in the footwell right through the seats.
its like the car is struggleing to tick over but its not its still at the same rpm as normal.

when its warm its perfect but hes not sure weather this is just the normal thing of this engine with it being deisel.
as anyone else every noticed this with the same engine.

my friend as one of these PD Engines in is A3 on a 02 plate.

when the engine is stone cold and your sat in the car and you start it up after a minuet or 2 you can feel a judder coming through the car.
all in the footwell right through the seats.
its like the car is struggleing to tick over but its not its still at the same rpm as normal.

when its warm its perfect but hes not sure weather this is just the normal thing of this engine with it being deisel.
as anyone else every noticed this with the same engine.

I work for VW and On the golf 130/150's there is a problem with the ecu software between two temperatures (cant remember exactly but 25-60 degrees rings a bell)and it causes engine to run lumpy and you would think the flywheels going to jump out
vw dont even have a software update for this,but a new ecu does fix it!
I havn't done any for a long time but we did a few when they were new for this fault
My lupo does this but it doesnt bother me as i know what it is
hope this helps!

Last edited:
I work for VW and On the golf 130/150's there is a problem with the ecu software between two temperatures (cant remember exactly but 25-60 degrees rings a bell)and it causes engine to run lumpy and you would think the flywheels going to jump out
vw dont even have a software update for this,but a new ecu does fix it!
I havn't done any for a long time but we did a few when they were new for this fault
My lupo does this but it doesnt bother me as i know what it is
hope this helps!

sounds good to me that.
thanks for this info.

was starting to think a little worse than that.
with the cams being known to go on these engines it makes you wonder.

yes thats what it feels like you can imagine the fly wheel spinning and being slightly off set giving the judder.