CLOSE CALL!!!!

dplovin

Reaction score
Driving down the m6 today in the fast lane doing about 80, and suddenly a masiive ginding noise came from the left hand side of the s3 and i lost most of the steering. had to slam the hazards on and slowly stop in the fast lane. had a quick check and couldnt see anythin so i had to creep slowly onto the hard shoulder got the wheel and i noticed the drive shaft was loose ****!! rang the AA got it towed to a safe area, got it checked and literally i was thinking it had snapped or summat but it turned out all six bolts had just come loose and it fell off lol **** knows how that has happened, they were still in place aswell, got them tightened again and i was on my way. think some new bolts are instore with abit of locktight just to put my mind at rest. weird tho how they all just came loose

Well that is quite possibly the best outcome from a break down, tighten the bolts and off you go. Some moderate strength blue locktite is in need i think.

a rekon so buddy lol gonna have sleep in me car tonight with the rottweiler haha catch the ****ers. weird tho that a rekon some work must have been previously done on the clutch or gearbox and whoever had it hasnt tighted them up enough and over time theve just came loose, lucky tho was busy i caused a major cue lol

Friday the 13th been lucky for me so far all i need do know is win the euromillions lol

Stop in the fast lane on the M6 on Friday the 13th :0
You are one lucky peeps

I cannot believe you stopped in the fast lane tbh. Quite lucky you didn't ruin someone elses day.

Because if the shaft had come off completely you would have had NO DRIVE at all to get off the fast lane to the hard shoulder

i had no choice mark lol i didnt just slam the brakes on it was a gradual stop, still lucky tho, the worst was trying get to the hard shoulder, close call all is good now

When I did my CV boot a few month back, I had two missing bolts! I think it comes down not been torqued right .

sorted! im gonna have get it sorted right, ive got it booked in for a cambelt and waterpump replacement on 23rd get them to have alook properly then cheers guys