Lowering my A3 8L

N4THW

Reaction score
How low do you guys think i can go? I've asked a few members on here who seem knowledgeable and said a 55-60mm drop is the lowest, but i may even have problems with that as rollbar in the a3 and the s3 doesn't have that... something along those lines? anyone want to help me out, anyone that has an a3, how low have you got it without compromising the bottom of your car? lol

mine is lowered 30mm all round and its just right, me personaly on 18' wheels don't go any lower

DSCF2475.jpg

Depends what you're after. I've slammed mine, but that's just what I was after. I've had to change the ARB, and fitted spacers, and have a slight stretch on my tyres allowing me to be so low.

If you're sticking with the standard anti-roll bar then you shouldn't lower any more than 40mm as this will cause it to knock against your driveshaft at certain points whilst driving. And you should be fine over speedbumps with only a 40mm drop.

yeah my mates got his at about 40mm and looks sweet, we did have it lower but as said above, he was having arb-drive shaft issues!!

seems 40 is the lowest? i'll give 40 ago!!! thanks everyone much appreciated,

anyone else??

and honestly i want it as slammed as i can get it, i love the look but i don't want to have to mod the car in anyway to do so..... so maybe 40 looks like its the lowest i can go without spacers etc?? correct?

Just spend an extra 140 on an uprated arb they have bigger loops on them so there's no contact wig the drive shaft as you get lower

im a complete audi newbie mate, uprated arb? i think due to my newbieness i'ma just have to slam it by 40mm or something... i'd love it lower but i don't have a clue lol!

Anything over 50mm and you'll need to change the front anti roll bar as the standard one will rub on the drive shaft. As mentioned 40mm is a nice drop that doesn't create any problems.

Damian @ DPM Performance