A silly question... But what the heck, im gonna ask it :)

camscockle20vT

The stigs ugly brother
Reaction score
Hi all audi fans, i saw a thread to a 1.6 rotex supercharged a3 and i was thinking could this be done to the 1.8t ? I mean whak a supercharger on and lets have fun :) could it be done ?
(only a question, not thinking about doin it lol) but could it be done even tho its already got a turbo?
Thanks to all for replying to my dreams :)

Anythings possible but the money is probably better spent on a hybrid and supporting mods.

Im sure its possible. Question is how deep are your pockets. You would have to re design the entire intake system, a by pass for the supercharger for when the turbo comes on etc etc.

Plus finding someone to take on the job of mapping it and then hours upon hours of trying to get it right. Money spent probably wouldnt be worth the gains you`d eventually get.

Ok so its agreed it was a silly question lol. Is there a ko3s hybrid that i could fit if the turbo gives up in the next 12months. Iv seen prawns thread about the fmic and thats the route im gonna take to be fair.

yep K03 hybrids are available. Bills the man to talk to for more info.

Compound charged cars are a lot of work.

IIRC, the 1.4 GT Golfs are compound charged. Personally, big top mount turbos tick my box.

Just as tuning parts are coming out for the newer versions ie Polo GTI, Ibiza Cupra and Fabia VRS. Mates just had his Ibiza stage 2`d and Milltek TB exhaust and its about 240ish up from 180bhp and its apparently pretty rapid now! running 13s at Pod anyway.

No point in charging the 1.8T range in stock form - the K03 and K04 are both pretty spiky in delivery. The main point of a charger on a turbo engine would be to reduce lag during turbo spool and there isn't much of that on the 1.8T engines out of the box.