Lower exterior trim removal

a3tdi2001

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me how the lower trim strips come off.
After removing the two screws on the door, does the strip slide forwards or back? Also do the strips on the bottom of the wing and the rear quarter have fasteners and which way do they slide?
Finally is the spoiler/mudflap trim on the rear quarter just held with one torx and I'm guessing it slides back?
Cheers.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the blades that fit on the lower part of the door and the rear quarter? If so, the front blade is held in place by 4 screws on the inside of the door and slides off towards the rear of the car. As for the rear quarter blade, this slides off towards the door. Not too sure what you are referring to with regards to the mudflap trim.

Aye it's the bits along the bottom of the door/quarter/wing. I can only see two screws at the corners of the door though. The flap is almost like a mini mudflap at the front of the rear wheel. Any idea about the one on the wing?
Cheers

There should be two black rubber grommets also along the inside bottom of the door, if you pop those off then you can get to the remaining two screws. As for the wing- what are you referring to there? I mentioned how to remove the blade on the rear quarter. The linings inside the wheel arches are held in place by torx screws.

Thanks again. The trim on the front wing is the one that lines up with the blade on the door.

Front wing? If you mean the rear quarter then this just slides off towards the front of the car.

Ok not sure if we are on the same wavelengths here. I'm going by the trim on an s3 and there isn't anything on the front wing. Are you talking about actually removing the front wing itself?

That will be why then. I can't see the part clearly on that picture but I would assume that it is either screwed in from behind the wing or it just slides off like the rear blade.

Sorry for the confusion. I've got the poverty model instead of the S3:) It's the three strips in the picture above and the mudfappy bit in front of the rear wheel.

lol poverty model :) ive been wanting to find out how these come off too, mines looking dead scabby and needs repainting

Is that your own car in the picture? Looks like the sill and mudflappy bit has been colour coded or maybe it's just the light? I'm planning a professionally applied coat of ronseal no rust.

no heres my car, my strips have been (poorly) colour coded by a previous owner lol

85df7118.jpg

9445e3e1.jpg

im not completely sure what you mean about the mudflappy bits either? any pics of said part??

See the screws in question holding the exterior trim to the door. Does anyone know the bolt size (width/length plz)